Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Attractants anyone know any thing
Last Post 25 Nov 2008 12:55 AM by corey14. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sleeven
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Nov 2008 04:24 AM  
well first things first what all do you recommend? i have heard a few ideas here lately im going to try but i wanted to get yalls input on this
1. Peanut butter smeared on tree trunks or branchs with in shooting range (people are saying this will have the deer running in)

2a. Vanilla extract (artificial) dripped on branchs and around tree stand
2b.Vanilla extract (artificial) mixed 50/50 with water (tea spoon of syrup optional) mixed and put in a spray bottle and use as a cover sent (tea spoon of anise can replace syrup. Anise is the stuff in liqurice and it is what makes the strong scent in most common sents)

3.Pancake syrup or molasses or corn syrup poured on the ground or over a rotten stump

4.Brown sugar poured on ground in the fashion you would use deer cocain

5.A mixture to produce home made deer cain  
    5 Gallon bucket
    Boil about 3 gallons of water - Boiling water will dissolve more of the ingredients
    6 lbs Iodized salt
    2 cups Baking Soda
    1.5 Cups Baking Powder
    18 oz. Molasses
    Potassium Gluconate (20 - 500mg Tablets)
    Magnesium (10 - 250mg Tablets)
    Add more water to fill the bucket (about another 2 gallons)
                or 
   1 bag rock salt
   1 bag calcium supplement(available at any feed and seed)
   mixed into soil at site

mark.nevels
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Nov 2008 03:09 AM  
I have heard those wise tails to but to be honset I have never tried any of them so can't tell you weather they work or not. I do know that if you put something out there they are not used to they will go on edge and only check it out at night or after time goes by and  it seems safe. seems to me like a gamble. I use natural scents and get great results. if i was going to try those things i would try them early an put out a scouting cam. and see if they came to it. that way I wouldn't risk messing up my valuble hunting time. If you walked in your house and smelled vanilla for the first time and new it wasn't supposed to be there how would you react? EVEN THOUGH IT SMELLED GOOD YOU NEW IT WASN'T RIGHT ,  you would proceed with caution , may cause more harm than good. best of luck wish you a good hunt .
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
12 Nov 2008 01:15 AM  
sometimes they will work right away sometimes it takes a year. Buddy of mine baits with grain, he has piles sit there all year long with pics of deer walking past, the next year he can't keep it baited fast enough
jeremyjms06
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Nov 2008 05:07 PM  
Maple Syrup works great!!!! We cant bait here in Alabama but I use it in front of my game cam just to get pictures in the off season and as soon as I put out the maple syrup I get tons and tons of pics the next day and they tear it up. I can put my cam out with nothing and get absoutely no pics but as soon as the syrup goes out I get more pics than I could imagine.... MAPLE SYRUP WORKS GREAT!!!!
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
22 Nov 2008 03:42 AM  
I use the buck lickers from evolved habbitats, got the acorn one, buried it in sept and the whole thing is gone, only thing left is a whole in the ground with fresh deer tracks in it every weekend
SOUTHERN PRIDE
corey14
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Nov 2008 12:55 AM  
my dad told me to use peaunt butter and syrup.

i took some cremy peaunt butter and took out some of it and pored the syrup in it the i drilled the top of the jar to the tree then cutted some holes in the botton of the jar and the syrup will work its self down and drip to the ground. i put it out at two spots and the next day i went to see what they did and they done ripped the jar off the tree and ate all the peaunt butter out of the jar........these mississippi deer are crazy!!!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!