Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

out with the spike?
Last Post 26 Jan 2009 11:32 PM by dman12. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
gries
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Oct 2008 12:38 PM  

The area I hunt has a lot of deer.  I have seen the same forked horn for 3 years now.  He is a big bodied deer but the rack looks like a #2 lead pencil sticking out of his head.  My question is this, should I harvest this animal to get his genes out of the gene pool?  Or let him go and laugh everytime I see him?

I have seen big deer in the area I hunt and see lots of sign so I'm not real sure he gets a chance to breed but would it help to get him out of there and let the biggers ones have it all?

Jeremiah Johnson
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Oct 2008 01:49 PM  
Three year with no antler development? Take him out of the gene pool!
majthor
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Oct 2008 02:03 PM  
If you are positive he is a 3 yo deer, I would harvest him...
kerry larson
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2008 02:50 PM  
There is no doubt that if this deer is three and still has no development harest him for the sake of the herd and he will still be good eating.  Hopefully you find his daddy also because his bad genes were past down from somebody.
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
12 Nov 2008 08:38 PM  
TAKE HIM OUTTTTTTT
MIKE EVERETT
WVHillbilly
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Nov 2008 11:11 PM  
well maybe if you throw some enzyte out in the food plot where he eats it will help him out a bit, ya know it does make a man larger..... ROFLMAO...
WVHillbilly
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Nov 2008 11:12 PM  
sry had too, everytime i watch hunting shows that is the friggin commercial thats on in between them..
ghost
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Dec 2008 04:23 PM  
I dont know what state you are in but in iowa you can put a doe tag on that deer, Take him out
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Jan 2009 11:32 PM  
yea if you know he is a older deer you should well i would because i would hate for him to breed with my does
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!