Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
fly fishing
Last Post 25 Jun 2008 06:17 PM by rebel deer hunter. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
23 Jun 2008 07:40 PM  
I bought a shakespeare fly rod and reel combo about 3 yrs ago and started using it again, been catching alota little bass from the past spawn with it. thants about all I catch with mine is bass, bluegill, I took it to the river and got pinfish , pigfish and snapper on it but nothing big
SOUTHERN PRIDE
rnwinter
6 Point
6 Point

--
23 Jun 2008 11:32 PM  
This late in the fishing season, most of the bigger bass will have moved deeper. Fishing pressure will also affect their willingness to bite. If you can go mid-week when the Bass and other fish have had time to settle down from the weekend fishing and boating, you'll proabably have much better luck. Shade is a good attractant to bass and other fish, so if you can scoot your flys under low hanging trees, under docks, and in secluded nooks in the bank you should do better. Best thing would be to get to the water while the sun is just glowing on the horizion. This will be the coolest part of the day and the most likely to get a top water bite.

Finally, most fish, including bass get lethargic and unwilling to move much for a tiny meal, especially in the middle of summer or winter. I'm not a fly fisherman, but if you could add more volume to your baits, such as feathers that make it look bigger but still let it float, that may present a meal that a big bass will go for.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
25 Jun 2008 06:17 PM  
yea, we were catching some nice ones on worms a couple days ago then the bite slowed down, usually we catch alot during the summer. couple of years ago me and my friend caught 46 bass in one day off of worms and bettle spins all the bass were over 2 lbs. Im not that into fly fishing yet so if I can get a couple blue gill and baby bass im happy.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!