Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Fletching?
Last Post 11 Aug 2007 03:15 AM by va_switchback_man. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
eversboys
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Aug 2007 03:08 AM  
I keep shooting the fletching off my arrows so Im thinking about refletching myself. How exactly do I go about doing this? I would really appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks!!
move once, ive gotcha
move twice, youre dead
Dakota Danny
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Aug 2007 04:47 AM  
First off, I strongly recommend using EZ wraps.  They stick to the arrow and give the fletching a good surface to stick to.  When it's time to refletch, it allows you to remove fletching completely without gouging your arrows with a knife. 

Second, invest in a good jig.  Arizona Archery and Bitzenburg are two names that come to mind.  If you want to go cheap on a jig, just send me the 20 bucks.  I'll hold it for you.  When you decide to spend a little for quality, I'll give it back - you'll be ahead in the end!  I bought a cheap plastic knock off of a bitzenburg.  It was the worst $30 I've spent in a while. 

Take your time.  Make sure you have good solid contact the entire length of the vane.  When it's dry, put the security drop on the front and back where the vane starts and ends...

Best of luck.
J_web_84
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2007 11:15 AM  
Use good glue too. Goat Tuff or Bohning glue works good.
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Aug 2007 12:56 PM  
When you first set up your jig, find an old arrow to test on until you get everything set perfect on your jig.  Once you get the pitches on the jig set the way you want it mark it with paint or something incase you move them also I strongly agree that a cheap jig will only lead to frustration and alot of wasted glue and fletchings. Also you should stop putting all your shots in the same hole, that will save a lot of fletching (LOL) just kiddin'
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Aug 2007 02:25 PM  
Yea, this reminds me, a year or two ago I saw a thing to get free Vanes for hunting or target arrows. So I sent in for the thing. I got them but have not done anything with them yet. I have enough for 4 arrows.

Does anyone know if Flex-fletch Product are good or not. if you go to their website my vane they sent me, that I asked for are at http://www.flexfletch.com/flp400.htm

They are shaped a little different that what I have on my only 3 arrows I have now. I guess as they say in their website they have a lower profile.

But I was just wondering about if they are any good or not because I did a search for them at Bass Pro Shop's & Cabela's website and I do not see it when I do the search.

Anyone use them or have them, or even heard of them?

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
eversboys
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Aug 2007 09:27 PM  
Posted By va_switchback_man on 08/04/2007 6:56 AM
When you first set up your jig, find an old arrow to test on until you get everything set perfect on your jig.  Once you get the pitches on the jig set the way you want it mark it with paint or something incase you move them also I strongly agree that a cheap jig will only lead to frustration and alot of wasted glue and fletchings. Also you should stop putting all your shots in the same hole, that will save a lot of fletching (LOL) just kiddin'

Man! How did you know that is what im doing? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
move once, ive gotcha
move twice, youre dead
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Aug 2007 03:17 AM  
Man! How did you know that is what im doing? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was doin' the same thing until I got a "Block" target with 4 targets on it.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
eversboys
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 12:05 AM  
move once, ive gotcha
move twice, youre dead
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Aug 2007 03:15 AM  

I personally have never used one, I use a Bitzenburg that I love, but I have seen some arrows fletched with the ez-fletch and they look pretty good.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!