Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Rage Broad heads
Last Post 02 Sep 2009 04:48 PM by ewhuff. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
joey
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Dec 2008 10:02 PM  
Does anybody use Rage broadheads?  If so what kind of luck have you had with them?
Trey
6 Point
6 Point

--
16 Dec 2008 04:51 AM  
I would like to know as well, have been thinking about buying some myself. I have heard good reports on them.
joey
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Dec 2008 04:10 PM  
Dont waste your money!! I threw mine away this past weekend.
JakeGreider
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Dec 2008 06:57 AM  
I shot a small doe earlier this fall with a Rage and she went 25 yards and piled up. Good clean pass through, and though I didn't need it, the blood trail was excellent. Though I won't be sticking with them for a constant year after year broadhead because I am more comfortable with the G5 Striker, I don't have anything bad to say about them either. I feel they are a good quality head, that if nothing else is quite durable. On my shot it came out the off-side front shoulder and didn't have a nick in the blades and still shaved the hair off my arm.
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Dec 2008 07:04 AM  
don't know about rage but for year after year you just can't beat a muzzy.
leave a message after the beep... me and the boy is hunting
JakeGreider
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Dec 2008 08:19 AM  
I was stuck on Muzzy until I had an easy 20 yard shot, looked good, felt good just behind the front shoulder and didn't get a clean pass through..I know the head was sharp and that it should have gone clean through, but it didn't and needless to say I didn't recover the deer. Year after that I saw and read up on the G5 Striker..I have shot them ever since, and gone through just about anything you can think of other than an actual tree and always good pass through and recovery.
grimreaper
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 Jan 2009 02:20 AM  
I have shot a couple deer with them and they have all fallen within 40 yds. So far they have been great blood trails.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato
fjmac
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Feb 2009 12:58 AM  
good broadhead if you hit the deer in the right place, got a perfect 10 point this year,3rd deer on the wall
1parker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Apr 2009 03:50 PM  
doesnt matter what type of broadhead you shoot as long as it shoots good out of your bow. broadheads dont kill. its all in shot placement
mark14
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Apr 2009 07:36 PM  
don;t know about rage but i like the thunderheads.
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Aug 2009 02:16 AM  
Shot them last year, and seems they are great at times and lousy at other times. Just don't seem to be consistent with performance, but when they do perform, they are very effective at quick kills. I will say, as far as mech. braodheads go, they are among the very best. They fly field point accurate, produce massive wounds, and are not as sensitive to angling shots like other mech. heads are. I just like a broadhead that is more consistant like fixed baldes are.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
caveman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Aug 2009 12:43 AM  
I agree with 1parker, you can kill a deer with practice points as long as you have good shot placement. Most people go to these large expandables to make up for thier lack of skills in shooting. If you don't believe me how many people do you know that have killed deer with .22s with good shot placement.
Whitetails-Extreme.Com
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Aug 2009 02:56 PM  
I was always skeptical of mechanical broadheads but last season I ventured out and gave the rage 2 blade a try. The first buck I shot was a clean pass through at 30 yards and he ran maybe 20 yards and fell over. The hole when I walked up to the deer looked like someone had shoved a coke can through the deers vitals. After that I was happy with the decision to go with rage. Later in the season I went on to shoot two more deer with the same result. I feel like you are going to have advantages and disadvantages with everything you use. IMO the best thing you can do is use what you are the most comfortable and confident with. Like the guys were saying you can kill a deer with a field point, but if I can use something besides a field point that will cut my tracking down to atleast half then im achieving my purpose as being a hunter.
http://www.whitetails-extreme.com
EWHuff
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Sep 2009 04:48 PM  
you want them. get the three blade. you're deer won't go far and will leave behind a blood trail like no other. Blew through the shoulder of a big 160 last year, he didn't make it 20 yards and fell over. Get them, use them, swear by them, you will not be disappointed. plus they fly just like a field point so all you have to do is screw them in and not worry about adjusting your bow from shooting practice arrows to hunting arrows.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!