Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

I NEED SOME BOW HUNTING TIPS !!!!!
Last Post 26 Aug 2009 03:35 AM by Troutmaster. 23 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Kantuck Raised
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jul 2009 01:44 PM  
I agree with pretty much every post. Practice is the most important. It takes a lot of work to get your arm from shoulder down to be able to hold the bow back for long pauses (just in case the deer stops right before the opening). When practicing never shoot when you arm is tired because you will start to fall out of the center and that will make you want to adjust your sights even though you shouldn't. Use just your index finger and thumb to hold the front of the bow, this will stop you from squeezing the bow which can cause canting.

Silence and slow movement is key.
maynard
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Aug 2009 05:07 PM  
Which would be easier but more challenging for a young person  at 11 yrs old , getting a crossbow or compound? I like the  Diamond for my son . The only advantage  of the crossbow that I see is it is aim and shoot.
maynard
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Aug 2009 05:07 PM  
Which would be easier but more challenging for a young person  at 11 yrs old , getting a crossbow or compound? I like the  Diamond for my son . The only advantage  of the crossbow that I see is it is aim and shoot.
Troutmaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Aug 2009 03:35 AM  
Find a SUCCESSFULL seasoned hunter in your area and spend as much time with him, or her, as you can picking their brain and studing their methods. I've been bowhunting for 49 years and I find someone, or several new someones, doing that to me every year and I don't mind as long as they don't interfere with my hunt.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!