Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

arrow rests
Last Post 09 Oct 2008 06:22 PM by rebel deer hunter. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
silenthunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Oct 2008 12:42 AM  
I got my bow and was shooting today.My buddy who has hunted many years thinks I should get a whisker biscuit rest.I`m currently shooting the 2 prong style rest.I shoot pretty good with the rest I have but the biscuit rest does look like it would be better.Any opinions would be appreciated.
Dakota Danny
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Oct 2008 04:21 AM  
I have nothing against a whisker biscuit. I think it is a decent rest. If you go this route, be careful as to which fletching you use. Quikspins are nice, but the plastic has a lot of memory, it will keep any bends and requires quite a bit of steam to fix them. Most with whisker biscuits will tell you that they use the blazers because they have virtually no memory. Regardless of what you use, save yourself some hassle by putting a very small drop of arrow glue (like goat tuff) where the front of the vane connects to the arrow. This may help hold them on better as it rubs through the whiskers.

I personally like the accuracy that I have with my drop away rest. I use the limbdriver that doesn't have any contact with the cables or strings!

Good luck with whatever you choose!
deer_hunter_08
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Oct 2008 08:43 AM  
I was exactly like you. I have a 2 prong rest and i just recently bought a bow off of ebay and it come with a whisker biscuit. I wasnt for sure how it was gonna do but my dad kept tellin me they was very good rests. I dont think i would ever go back to any other rest. The thing that really set me off to it is that you can put your arrow in it and hold the bow upside down if you want to with out it dropping or making noise. It does make your fletching wavy but it hasnt effected my accuracy yet. So theres my 2 cents into the whisker biscuit.
deer_hunter_08
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Oct 2008 08:44 AM  
I was exactly like you. I have a 2 prong rest and i just recently bought a bow off of ebay and it come with a whisker biscuit. I wasnt for sure how it was gonna do but my dad kept tellin me they was very good rests. I dont think i would ever go back to any other rest. The thing that really set me off to it is that you can put your arrow in it and hold the bow upside down if you want to with out it dropping or making noise. It does make your fletching wavy but it hasnt effected my accuracy yet. So theres my 2 cents into the whisker biscuit.
Dirk
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Oct 2008 03:20 PM  
i have a whisker biscuit and i like it, i have never had a drop away rest... but you dont want to use the quick spin fletchings b/c it will mess up the biscuit... my uncle works at a pro shop and he set up my bow for me, that is what he does...
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Oct 2008 08:59 PM  
I also like my whisker bisquit. It suits my needs perfect and I shoot it pretty accurately. I would like to get a drop away rest, but I can't afford a good one. Driving two hours one way to the ranch sure can be expensive.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
Trey
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Oct 2008 03:36 AM  
I have heard many pro and cons against the biscuit. I guess its just what you like. if your comfortable and shoot well with your 2 prong why change.

cfiloteo3 if your looking for a drop away I shoot a rip-cord drop away and highly recommend it.
silenthunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Oct 2008 08:49 PM  
I shoot it good but my friend showed me what could or would happen when that buck of a lifetime comes along.The shaking and rattle of my arrow against the prongs,or falling off the rest.I have been checking out other rests and heard the arguments for and against the WB.I`m thinking about the Hostage rest.It works just like the WB but no vane damage.Anybody shoot with this rest?
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
09 Oct 2008 06:22 PM  
ive been using a w/b for 6yrs, wouldnt trade it for anything
SOUTHERN PRIDE
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!