Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
IDAHO MULIES
Last Post 29 Apr 2008 12:01 PM by jkoehler. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mr. Banker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Apr 2008 09:12 AM  

The last couple of years I have been hunting in Idaho with my wife’s family to their secret hunting spot on public land. I only had to be married to my wife for 15 plus years to be worthy enough to hunt this sacred ground. Well, after my 1st season with them I figured out why. We had three tags to fill and fill them we did. We had each bagged 4x4 mulies. It was the nicest buck I had ever put down (and I have a 6X6 whitetail hanging on my wall). Here it was October 2007 and I could not wait to see what this year had in store for me. I hunted hard for about 4 days straight with only one person in my party of 3 had a buck. On the 5th day I was headed out on my quad to my hunting spot of choice with my wife’s cousin (Jeff) when out of know where we jump an awesome Mule Deer. Talk about Buck Fever. That buck went into a straight run and we tried to circle around him and get set up for a quick shot. We got with 35 yards of him and I was not able to get a clean shot, so I held off on pulling the trigger.  I ended up hunting the rest of the evening with no luck. I went to bed that night in camp and could barley sleep thinking I just let another monster get away (I missed a monster buck the previous year affectionately know as “The Grey Ghost”, biggest buck I have ever seen in the wild, however that is another story). So early the next morning Jeff and I decide to go back to the same spot and see if we can find the same buck again (yeah right, like that ever happens). We get there before daybreak and an hour into it, nothing, not even a doe. So we decide to send Jeff into the some new growth of trees and see if the buck is holding up in there. I set up on a spot on the back side of the new growth and hoped he would come out. Jeff heads out and with in 5 minutes Jeff runs into about 20 does but no buck. Well, another 5 minutes and that SAME BUCK AS YESTERDAY comes bolting out of the trees again on a dead run. Here I am waiting set up on my shooting sticks, aim and BLAM, a clean miss. I almost panicked. Instead, I quickly reload a new round, stood up, lead the buck a bit more and BLAM, got him. It’s a good thing because I would have hated to wrap my brand new 300 Weatherby around a tree out of shear frustration. I hope you enjoy the pictures as you can see we had a good year. A really good year. 

Mr. Banker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Apr 2008 03:20 AM  
I hope this fixes the image problem. 

slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
19 Apr 2008 09:35 AM  
nice ones for sure
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Apr 2008 03:55 PM  
Very nice bucks
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Mark
8 Point
8 Point

--
20 Apr 2008 02:40 AM  

Awesome Bucks

jkoehler
Forum Moderator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
29 Apr 2008 12:01 PM  
Very Nice Congrats
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!