When it comes out of the oven it looks like Cornbread but has no cornmeal in it! I got this recipe from down in Alabama at a family get-together. I walked by the table and grabbed a piece, took a bite, walked about 3 feet and turned around and said, "Who made this, and what is the recipe!"
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- I just dump everything in a bowl in no particular order and blend it with my mixer for a good minute. Then I pour it into a 9x13 pan.
- Spray the pan with a nonstick cooking spray. I like to use the kind that has flour in it.
- Pop it into an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Then turn off your oven and let it stand for 5 more minutes. After you take it out of the oven, let it cool completely before cutting into bars.
- P.S. Give away as much of this stuff as possible to keep from eating the whole pan.