If you are a pasta fan this one is for you. Fix it with any pasta of your choice and sit back and enjoy. Mouth watering flavor and sure to fill you up.
Serves 4 to 5
-- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
-- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
-- 4 ribs celery, finely chopped
-- 2 carrots, finely chopped
-- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
-- 1 pound ground venison
-- 1 pound ground beef
-- 4 ounces slab bacon, finely chopped
-- 2 16-ounce cans of tomatoes, crushed (preferably homemade)
-- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
-- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
-- 1 cup dry red wine
-- 1/2 cup heavy cream
-- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
-- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
-- 1 box Fettuccine noodles
-- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
1. Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until hot. Add the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are translucent.
2. Increase the heat and add venison, beef, and bacon, stirring often.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of salt to the water. Add Fettuccine to the water for about 12 minutes or until al dente.
5. Add heavy cream and nutmeg to the sauce. Simmer about 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat, and let cool.
6. When the pasta is cooked, drain and place the noodles on 4 to 5 plates. Top the pasta with the sauce. Divide the Parmesan cheese among the plates and serve.