Register  | Login

Current Articles | Search | Syndication

PA hunting/furtaker licenses on sale June 13

From the Pennsylvania Game Commission

-- Beginning June 13, Pennsylvania's 2011-12 hunting and furtaker licenses go on sale online, over-the-counter at all Game Commission region offices and at more than 600 issuing agents.  

For residents, licenses are available through the PALS website at
All fees are the same as they have been since 1999. A 70-cent transaction fee is attached to each license and permit purchase and is paid directly to Active Outdoors, the Nashville-based company that runs PALS. Returning PALS customers should provide their Customer Identification Number to speed up processing.

Applications for the regular round of antlerless deer licenses for residents begins July 11; nonresidents can apply beginning July 25.  

An antlerless license application will be printed with every general license purchased, and an application also will be available in the 2011-12 Hunting and Trapping Digest for the first and second round of unsold antlerless deer licenses. The first round of unsold antlerless licenses begins Aug. 1 and the second round begins Aug. 15.  
Except for WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D, hunters may only apply for one license during each application period.  Hunters seeking antlerless licenses in WMU 2B, 5C and 5D may apply for an unlimited number of antlerless deer licenses, however, the limit of three per envelope remains in effect beginning on Aug. 1.
Hunters need to use the pink envelopes provided to mail antlerless deer license applications to the county treasurer of their choice for antlerless deer licenses. They will have the option of listing first, second and third WMU preferences for doe licenses on applications.

Treasurers fill the highest WMU preference listed by the hunter. The option eliminates reapplication for a doe license if the hunter's first WMU preference or second is sold out. Hunters do not need to list alternative WMUs if they only plan to hunt in one specific WMU.
A list of the mailing addresses for the 65 county treasurers that issue antlerless deer licenses is included in the 2011-12 Digest provided to each license buyer. More details on the new procedures for applying for a doe license can be found in the Digest, which will be posted online by June 13 at
Licenses are printed on a yellow strip - similar to a fishing license - that can be folded and placed into a license holder. Carcass tags have perforated holes to make it easier to attach to the carcass of the harvested animal, and are preprinted with a hunter's name and address. Licenses will fold into a 2.5-inch by 3.5-inch, tear-resistant document.

The Game Commission accepts online harvest reports for deer, wild turkey, bobcat and fisher.  In addition to reporting deer and wild turkey harvests within the prescribed time limits, those who possess a DMAP, bobcat or fisher permit are required to report, regardless of whether they harvested an antlerless deer, bobcat or fisher, respectively. Each online harvest report costs the Game Commission 50 cents.

All license agents now can issue senior lifetime licenses, Mentored Youth Hunting Program permits, elk drawing applications, bobcat and fisher permits and resident landowner reduced-fee hunting licenses and Deer Management Assistance Program Harvest permits. Hunters also can purchase the special spring gobbler license, which allows them to harvest a second gobbler in the 2012 spring gobbler season.

Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!