From Ohio Department of Natural Resources
-- Ohio residents are invited to attend open house meetings in all five districts to discuss season dates and game species bag limits, including white-tailed deer, March 3 from noon until 3 p.m.
“Anyone interested in participating in Ohio's professional wildlife management process is welcome to attend,” according to Scott Zody, chief of the Division of Wildlife. “Each open house location will have a fish and wildlife biologist as well as law enforcement officers available to answer questions.”
Public input gathered at the open houses will be forwarded to the division's central office and considered during the formulation of regulations.
Open House Locations for March 3:
• Central Ohio, Wildlife District One Office, 1500 Dublin Road, Columbus, phone (614) 644-3925
• Northwest Ohio, Wildlife District Two Office, 952 Lima Avenue, Findlay, (419)424-5000
• Northeast Ohio, Wildlife District Three Office, 912 Portage Lakes Drive, Akron, (330)644-2293
• Southeast Ohio, Wildlife District Four Office, 360 E. State Street, Athens, (740)589-9930
• Southwest Ohio, Greene County Fish and Game Club, 1538 Union Road, Xenia, (937)372-9261
A statewide hearing on all proposed rules will open to the pubic with time for comment, on March 8 at 9 a.m. at the Division of Wildlife’s District One office in Columbus.
After considering public input, the Ohio Wildlife Council will vote on the proposed rules during the April 4 meeting.
For more information or directions to the open houses, visit the Division of Wildlife’s website at wildohio.com or call (800)945-3543.