Register  | Login

Current Articles | Search | Syndication

Non-resident military can purchase NC license at resident rates

From North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission

-- Effective July 1, military personnel who are not residents of North Carolina can purchase a short-term or annual hunting, trapping or fishing license at resident prices.

Under a new law that went into effect July 1, military personnel who are not residents of North Carolina and would like to hunt, fish or trap in the state can purchase a short-term or annual license at resident prices.

Non-resident military personnel must be active duty at the time they purchase their resident licenses. They also must comply with all reporting, regulatory and hunter safety requirements, including registering big game harvests, as mandated by the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission, and purchasing any federal migratory waterfowl stamps, as required by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

“North Carolina has made it a priority to be one of the most military-friendly states in the Union,” according to state Sen. Harry Brown of Onslow County, who introduced the legislation.

Licenses can be purchased in bait-and-tackle shops, hunting and sporting goods stores and larger chain stores across the state.

For assistance with licenses, contact the Commission by calling (888)248-6834 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. Email requests to

Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!