From the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
-- Nebraska hunters and landowners are invited to public informational meetings Dec. 7 to 13. Meetings are scheduled in each Game and Parks district to discuss deer issues.
Game and Parks biologists will explain and take questions on a number of topics, including deer management, deer damage and depredation permits, antlerless harvest, trophy management and diseases. Antelope and elk issues also may be discussed.
The meeting schedule:
* Panhandle (District I) - Dec. 7, Chadron, Chadron State College Student Center, 1000 Main St., 7 p.m.
* Panhandle - Dec. 15, Oshkosh, Eagles Club, 201 Main St., 7 p.m.
* North-central (District II) - Dec. 14, Broken Bow, 4-H Building, junction of Nebraska highways 2 and 70, 7 p.m.
* Northeast (District III) - Dec. 16, Crofton, City Auditorium, 1210 W. 2nd St., 7 p.m.
* Southwest (District IV) - Dec. 8, Curtis, Curtis Memorial Community Center, 301 Garlick Ave., 7:30 p.m.
* Southeast (District V) - Dec. 9, Nebraska City, UNL Kimmel Education and Research Center, 5985 G Road, 7 p.m.
* South-central (District VI) - Dec. 13, Alma, Johnson Community Center, 509 Main St., 7 p.m.