From the Michigan DNR
-- Michigan United Conservation Clubs (MUCC) and the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) today announced a statewide tour of public meetings on deer management.
The meetings are aimed at gathering regionalinput for the ongoing development of a comprehensive state deer management plan. Input from the meetings will be reviewed by a Michigan Deer Advisory Team comprised of diverse stakeholders that will be charged with providing strategic recommendations for the plan to DNR.
All meetings will be from 6:30-8:30 p.m. local time and are open to the public. The meetings will occur at locations specified as follows:
* February 17, 2009: Crystal Falls Township Hall, 1384 West US 2, Crystal Falls, MI (Note: this meeting is 6:30-8:30 p.m. CST, or 7:30-9:30 p.m. EST)
* February 17, 2009: Northwood University, Sloan Auditorium, 4000 Whiting Dr., Midland, MI
* February 17, 2009: DNR Carl T. Johnson Hunting and Fishing Center(located in Mitchell State Park), 6093 E. M-115, Cadillac, MI
* February 18, 2009: Hillman Community Center, 24220 Veterans Memorial Hwy., Hillman, MI
* February 19, 2009: Newberry Comfort Inn, 13954 St. Hwy M-28 Newberry, MI
* February 24, 2009: Kalamazoo Nature Center, 7000 N Westnedge Ave., Kalamazoo, MI
* February 24, 2009: Oakland University, Meadow Brook Hall, 2200 N.
Squirrel Rd., Rochester, MI