From the Maine department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
-- Paper applications for Maine’s 2010 Moose Permit Lottery are due by 5 p.m. April 1 at the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife in Augusta.
Paper applications must be postmarked or hand-delivered to MDIF&W in Augusta by 5 p.m. The April 1 deadline for paper applications provides adequate time for department employees to process the paperwork before the lottery.
The April 1 deadline is for paper applications only. For the last few years, the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife has encouraged hunters to apply online for the lottery through its website, www.mefishwildlife.com. It’s an easy and convenient way to submit an application!
The deadline for online applications is 11:59 p.m. on May 14, 2010.
MDIF&W no longer prints or mails paper applications for the moose lottery.
If an interested hunter is unable to apply using the online licensing system, the Department suggests:
• Printing out a paper application from IF&W’s website at www.mefishwildlife.com, fill it out, and mail it with your payment to the Department;
• Coming to IF&W’s main office to fill out a paper application. The address is 284 State Street in Augusta;
• Pick up a paper application at the IF&W booth at any of the sportsmen shows statewide, such as the Wilton show.
• A paper application also was printed in the February issues of the Maine Sportsman and Northwoods Sporting Journal.
• This year, 3,140 permits will be allocated in the state’s 28 Wildlife Management Districts (WMDs). Season dates are Sept. 27-Oct.2: WMDs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 19; Oct. 11-16: WMDs 1-14, 17, 18, 19, 27, 28; Nov. 1-6: WMDs 2, 3, 6, 11; Nov. 1-27: WMDs 15, 16, 23, 26.