Register  | Login

Current Articles | Search | Syndication

Leftover KS nonresident permits still available in nine deer management units

From the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks

-- Nonresident hunters who missed the application period for Kansas deer permits still have options, according to the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks.

As of Aug. 25, leftover Nonresident Whitetail Either Sex Deer permits were still available in nine units: 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15. Leftover permits are those that were not taken in the May nonresident application period. They are Whitetail Either-Sex permits (hunter designates equipment/season choice, as well as one adjacent unit, at time of purchase) and will be sold to any nonresident who did not successfully draw a 2009 permit.

Leftover permits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis at license vendors, online at the website (, or by phoning (620) 672-5911 and asking for Licensing.

Hunters who purchase a leftover permit will lose any preference points they may have accumulated for next year's drawing. Applicants who were successful in the nonresident drawing may not purchase a leftover permit. No hunter may purchase more than one permit that allows taking an antlered deer. An antlered deer permit is required before purchasing a Whitetail Antlerless-Only Deer permit.

Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!