Register  | Login

Current Articles | Search | Syndication

KS nonresident deer applications due April 29

From the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks

-- The last Friday in April is the deadline for all nonresident deer hunters to apply for 2011 permits. Mail-in applications are not available, and none will be accepted.

By April 29, all applications must be made either online at or by calling (620) 672-5911 and requesting Licensing. Phone applications will be accepted through normal working hours April 29, but the online application deadline is midnight.

Application is for nonresident either sex deer permits only. Nonresident Hunt-Own-Land and Antlerless White-tailed Deer permits are available over the counter beginning July 25.

Nonresident either-sex deer permits allow the taking of one white-tailed deer buck, doe or fawn. The cost of the permit is $322.50, and successful applicants must also purchase a nonresident hunting license for $72.50, prior to hunting.

Hunters apply in one of 18 deer management units, and may also select one adjacent unit in which to hunt. Applicants also select one equipment type and season choice of archery, muzzleloader or firearm at the time they apply. Muzzleloader permit holders may hunt during early muzzleloader season and regular firearm season using muzzleloader equipment only. If unsuccessful in the draw, the hunter receives a $301 refund and a preference point for next year's draw.

A nonresident who successfully draws an Archery or Muzzleloader either-sex deer permit in Unit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 16, 17 or 18 may also apply for one of a limited number of Mule Deer Stamps for an additional fee of $102.50, submitted at time of application. If drawn, the applicant's archery or muzzleloader whitetail permit converts to an either species/either sex archery or muzzleloader permit. Preference points do not count toward this stamp.

If unsuccessful in the Mule Deer Stamp draw, the hunter will receive a $101 refund and will be issued the whitetail permit.

A nonresident hunter who doesn't want to hunt in 2011 can purchase a preference point online for $22.50. The preference point will count toward a nonresident whitetail either-sex deer permit in a future drawing.

To apply for a nonresident either sex deer permit, go to the KDWP website at and click "Licenses/Permits" in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Then click "Buy your License/Permit Online" and follow the directions.

More information about permits can be found online at

Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!