Register  | Login

Current Articles | Search | Syndication

Kansas Unit 4 turkey applications due

From the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks

-- While Kansas spring turkey permits are available to all hunters in most of the state, only 500 permits-for residents only-will be issued for Unit 4, a western portion of the state bordered by highways I-70 on the north, U.S. 183 on the east, and U.S. 54 on the south.

Half of these permits are reserved for applicants who qualify as landowner/tenants in that unit. However, under regulations passed by the Kansas Wildlife and Parks Commission two years ago, resident youth age 16 and younger turkey permits are valid statewide, including Unit 4.

Applications for Unit 4 permits must be received online or by phone at (620)672-0728 no later than Feb. 18. There are no paper applications or mail-in forms. All draw applications must be submitted through the online application process or by phone.

A Spring Turkey Atlas showing all public hunting lands and spring walk-in hunting access lands will be available at Wildlife and Parks offices and website in late March. More details on Kansas spring turkey hunting are available online.

Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!