Register  | Login

Current Articles | Search | Syndication

Kansas 2010 nonresident deer applications due April 30; no mail-ins

From the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks

-- The application period for Kansas’ 2010 nonresident deer hunter permits is April 1-30 this year, one month earlier than in past years.

All applications must be made online at . Nonresidents may also call (620)672-5911 and ask for Licensing.

Mail-in applications will not be available, and none will be accepted.

The application deadline is midnight,  April 30. This application applies to nonresident either-sex deer permits only. Nonresident Hunt-Own-Land and Antlerless White-tailed Deer permits will be available July 19 over the counter.

Nonresident either-sex deer permits allow the taking of one white-tailed deer buck, doe or fawn. The cost of the permit is $322.50, and if successful in the drawing, the applicant must also purchase a nonresident hunting license, $72.50, prior to hunting. The hunter applies in one of 18 deer management units and may also select one adjacent unit in which to hunt.

Applicants also select one equipment type and season choice (archery, muzzleloader, or firearm) at the time of application. Muzzleloader permit holders may hunt during early muzzleloader season and regular firearm season using muzzleloader equipment only. If unsuccessful in the draw, the hunter receives a $301 refund and a preference point for next year’s draw.

A nonresident who successfully draws an Archery or Muzzleloader either-sex deer permit in Unit 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 16, 17, or 18 may also apply for one of a limited number of Mule Deer Stamps for an additional fee of $102.50, submitted at time of application; if drawn, the applicant’s archery or muzzleloader whitetail permit converts to an either-species/either-sex archery or muzzleloader permit.

Preference points do not count toward this stamp. If unsuccessful in the Mule Deer Stamp draw, the hunter will receive a $101 refund and be issued the whitetail permit.

A nonresident hunter who doesn’t want to hunt in 2010 can purchase a preference point online for $22.50. The preference point will count toward a nonresident either-sex deer permit in a future drawing.

To apply for a nonresident either-sex deer permit, go to and click Licenses/Permits in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Then click Buy your License/Permit Online and follow the directions. To learn more about permits you may qualify for, go to .

Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!