Bedford, Mass. (August 6, 2014) – Thermacell® Repellents, maker of effective zone mosquito defense products, introduces the new durable, water-resistant Repellent Camp Lantern that provides bright light and repels mosquitoes. With a heavy-duty rubberized base, 40 hours of use at its highest setting, and the ability to keep biting mosquitoes, black flies and “no see-ums” at bay, this lantern makes camping more enjoyable.
“The Thermacell Repellent Camp Lantern is a natural addition to our portfolio of outdoor camping products,” said Allegra Lowitt, Thermacell chief marketing officer. “We married our patented mosquito repellent technology with the most desired features campers want in a rugged lantern, such as bright light, low battery indicator, emergency light settings, and a hanging hook.” Outdoor enthusiasts can now select one product to repel biting pests, and illuminate their campsite.
This versatile lantern has a weighted bottom so it can’t be easily tipped, as well as a contoured bail for easy transport and storage. The olive-colored base is accented with black rubber that serves as a protectant if dropped or knocked over. With three light settings and SOS for emergency situations, the lantern globe can be detached to increase the intensity of the light for maximum brightness. The base hook also allows the lantern to be suspended from above for hands-free base camp operations.
Dousing in DEET can be sticky and smelly but Thermacell’s non-topical repellent technology creates a patented “Zone of Protection” where the repellent is dispersed into the air. The repellent is virtually odorless and silent, making protection from insects undetectable and unobtrusive at the campsite.
The Thermacell Repellent Camp Lantern functions as both a lantern and highly effective mosquito repellent simultaneously or separately. The lantern will be available at major retailers in the camping section and has a MSRP of $49.95.
• Light produces 300 lumens
• Light settings include: Low/Med/High/SOS
• D-cell batteries (not included) provide 40 hours of light on highest setting
• Battery life indicator turns from green to yellow to red as power drains
• Water resistant
• Hanging clip on underneath side of lantern base
• Size: 9.5” tall by 4” wide
• Weight: 21 ounces without batteries
Mosquito Repellent Features:
• Thermacell’s powerful mosquito protection clears a 15 ft. x 15 ft. area of biting pests in minutes
• Uses Thermacell butane cartridge refills for mosquito repellent function; each cartridge last 12 hour
• Repellent is a synthetic copy of the natural repellent found in chrysanthemums; each pad lasts four hours
• Virtually odorless, silent and no open flame
About Thermacell Repellents, Inc.
Thermacell Repellents, Inc., headquartered in Bedford, MA, manufactures and markets area mosquito repellents that create a 15 ft. x 15 ft. zone of protection from mosquitoes, black flies and other flying insects in minutes. Thermacell can be found at major outdoor stores. For more information on Thermacell and its complete line of repellent products including appliances and lanterns, consumer reviews, or store locations, visit www.Thermacell.com or call 1-866-753-3837.