Register  | Login

Current Articles | Search | Syndication

Idaho nonresident tag sales start Dec. 1

From Idaho Department of Fish and Game

-- Licenses, tags and permits for 2012 go on sale at 12:01 a.m. MST, Dec. 1, except for the nonresident Selway B elk tags which go on sale at 10 a.m. MST.

The sale of the popular Selway B tags is being delayed because many license vendors and Idaho Department of Fish and Game offices will not be open at midnight. By delaying the sale timing, hunters have an equal opportunity to buy the tags.

Nonresident hunters can buy their licenses and tags at Fish and Game offices, any license vendor, or for credit card use, by calling (800)554-8685. They can also be purchased online at the Fish and Game Website at

Big game hunters can find more information on the sale and purchase of tags for residents and nonresidents on pages 92-96 of the Idaho 2011 Big Game Seasons rules booklet.

Nonresidents can buy licenses and deer and elk tags beginning Dec. 1.

Resident hunters also can buy 2012 hunting licenses starting Dec. 1, and they can buy a receipt for deer and elk tags, which don't go on sale until after deer, elk and pronghorn controlled hunt drawings.

Hunters can redeem the receipt for a deer or elk tag after the controlled hunt drawings in July so those whose names were drawn don't have to exchange their general season tags for controlled hunt tags at a Fish and Game office.

Instead the controlled winners are simply issued a controlled hunt tag at any license vendor. The rest are issued general season tags.

Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!