Montana Whitetail/Muley Help
Last Post 25 Oct 2009 09:18 PM by Fossil. 3 Replies.
Author Messages
hunterc
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Oct 2007 07:30 PM  
I have a montana deer/elk combo tag that I am hoping to use by the end of the season.  I had a great Montana hunt in early September, but failed to take a trophy.  Unfortunately, I can't afford to go back out with an outfitter.  Please let me know if anyone knows a farmer/rancher/landowner who might be willing to let me hunt their place for a small fee.  Thanks.
BigBluff32
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Oct 2007 08:10 PM  
Check out any national forests or public lands too.
Even on the hottest or coldest days, deer still eat, fish still swim, so why not go and get 'em.
broncos87
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Oct 2007 03:13 PM  
Check out all the public land down by Gardiner. We went out with an outfitter once and have been going out solo since hunting a lot of the public land down between Emigrant and Gardiner. We always fill our combo tags and usually have a couple 360+ six bys to talk about. I look forward to it when we head out about every three years. Great spots you can pick up a topo map from DNR there that show the public spots and when you hit it usually the last week of OCT to the first week of NOV it is awesome.
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Oct 2009 09:18 PM  
Musselshell county too,lots of ranchers would let you hunt for a small fee.......................Full of Elk,Mule deer and whitetail,some great turkey and pronghorn hunting too.
God,family and friends,nothing better!!

---
Active Forums 4.2