Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Upstate South Carolina
Last Post 01 Sep 2008 01:56 AM by ssjrs1. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
14 Aug 2007 03:52 AM  
Thought I'd go ahead and open a thread for us in the piedmont area.

I hunt private land in Greenville, Anderson, Abbeville and Laurens counties. I also hunt some public land in Pickens county, but mostly just during bear season. Is anyone planning on hunting bear this year? And if so, got anywhere in mind? I took the whole week of 'still season' off and plan to hunt the whole week. I've been hunting Eastatoe for 6 years now and have only seen 3 bears, a sow with two cubs. I wouldn't mind a hunting buddy that might could steer us in the right direction. I've seen 2 nice bears come off the same area I've been hunting but never in my group. Please help !!  
leehop
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Sep 2007 02:57 AM  
McCraddock, I will be moving Laurens at the end of the month. Just bought 18.5 acres. Hope to hunt it 'till I can get familur with the area. The guy I bought it from and his brother-in-law live right near me.
If you can't hit it, let it live
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
20 Sep 2007 05:39 AM  
Thats great news! Do you know what part of Laurens county yet? I hunt mostly in the Gray Court area, but I have permission to hunt a tract on the Clinton side of town. When you get here and get settled, let me know. I'd be happy to take you on a few hunts in this area.
ShipBane
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Nov 2007 01:26 PM  
A little late on the post here. But I hunt a small little 250ish acre area my family owns in Ware Shoals SC (The area I hunt is actually in laurens County), and am more than happy to get together with 1 or 2 people that might want some low push hunting sometime. I live in Greenwood myself. and mainly just hunt the whitetail and turkeys on average.
ssjrs1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Mar 2008 04:51 PM  
  I live in Easley Sc and hunt with my wife,daughter, & son. Right now I belong to a hunt club with property in Greenwood & McCormick counties. I also hunt the WMA properties in several counties.
  I have a buddy at work who has 50 acres in Shoals Junction I am allowed to hunt about twice a year. He shares it with his uncles/cousins so don't get to hunt it as much as he would like to. It is infested with deer & turkeys. If you are still looking for someone to share your 250 acres with I would be willing to help out with maintaining the property as my family is not afraid of hard work in order to be able to hunt it some if th eoffer is still available.
   All of my family has taken and passed the hunters education courses and am not a if its brown it's down type of hunter. I do hunt for meat tho as my family loves venison but do not shoot everything I see.   Anyhow if the offer still is open let me know and will send you my contact info.

Thanks!!!!
S.C._DoubleLunger
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 May 2008 07:55 PM  
Shipbane,

I just recently moved to Greenwood, S.C. from Edgfield and due to the drive not really to thrilled about the drive back and forth during bow season, was wondering what type of low push hunting your are referring to, i would be more than willing to help out with any type of maintenance or anything at all possible to help if you are looking for a hunting partner.
S.C._DoubleLunger
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 May 2008 07:56 PM  
sry...didnt just mean to aim that towards shipbane, anyone that is looking for a hunting buddy or knows of anywhere close by to hunt please let me know.
Bloodtrail
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jul 2008 12:32 PM  
Just a few more weeks until bow season here guys!

Perhaps a few of us in the local area can get together and swap out hunts on each others properties.

I have several tracts I hunt in portions of Laurens, Anderson, Abbeville, Pickens, and Greenville counties.

Only catch is that I work weekends and usually I am only able to hunt Monday through Thursday. Keep this thread going for all of us here in the upstate...
tred1956
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Aug 2008 12:12 AM  
I live in Belton,SC and hunt mostly game management. Good to see neighbors on the site.

Safe shooting
Doug
Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicinng for something better.
ssjrs1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Aug 2008 07:54 PM  
I live in Easley & don't have any private land i can swap hunts on but our hunt club in Greenwood does allow visitors for free the last 2 weeks of the season.

I am looking for my son & daughter to shoot their first deer this year is my goal. Not worried if I don't as I have had my share of it. Would be more excited if one or both of them can shoot one this year. I have lots of vacation days scheduled off during the weeks of deer season so if you want to work out a hunt swap somehow that would be great.

My son has an old recurve bow my dad gave him so this will be our first year bow hunting. Should be fun. I'll be watchig as he hunts as I do not have a bow.

Am ready for season to open for sure.

Good luck to all of you.

Jerry
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
22 Aug 2008 10:36 PM  
Well, season has already started for our brethren in the 'lowcountry'. Any luck yet guys?

My brother has a club in Orangeburg, just need him to take some time off and take me as his guest. Guilting him about it now...

September 15 is just a few weeks away plus dove season kicks off on the 30th (8 days). Any of ya'll got plans?
I'll be at the Fant's Grove Public dove field on opening day. Come on down if you don't already have somewhere to hunt.
ssjrs1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Sep 2008 01:56 AM  
I thought about trying Fants Grove this year but never made it over that way to check it out so I am going just above my house to garren lake. They have it all planted with sunflowers so should be good shooting tomorrow. I may still try and go to Fants as I would like to deer hunt over that way also some.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!