Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

wv hampshire county
Last Post 05 Nov 2007 09:05 PM by WvBuckshotOh. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Aug 2007 08:31 PM  
I've hunted in hampshire county for over 11 yrs now (baker mnt.) and have yet to see an unhealthy  deer. We have all our deer check and looked over for cwd and thank the lord never have had any. anybody else in the yellow springs area????
leave a message after the beep... me and the boy is hunting
Greg
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Aug 2007 02:58 AM  
Hey there WVBowHunter

Greg from Falls Church, Va but I primiarly Hunt out in Romney right off Jersey Mt Road...

No problems with CWD out our way either...

If you'd like to send email you can get me at Sliderrocks@yahoo.com
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Aug 2007 01:18 PM  
Hey wvbowhunter, I don't get a chance to hunt in Hampshire County, but I had heard a lot of good things about hunting up that way from my father in law. I do most of my hunting here in Fayette County and Greenbrier County where are camp is located.

I hated to see us with CWD in our state and sometimes I just wonder if it wasn't a plant of an infected deer. DNR has always wanted to do away with baiting and I think this is the foot in the door to do away with it. I know in the infected area of your county they are not allowing baiting and some of the WMA's have been closed to baiting. Not that I am a big fan of baiting, but I like to set out my game camera and put out some corn or salt/mineral blocks so I can get some photos during the summer.

I also think the DNR used this case to also close the idea of importing elk to WV. But hey that is okay...I think they are migrating to the southern part of the state from Kentucky. DNR might not have much to say about that.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Aug 2007 05:45 AM  
i think u r right wvhunter129. hampshire count ain't that big and we have yet to see any of these "sick" deer. 8 were found and one was shot last year. now in such a small area i wouldv'e have thought we would have heard something about it during hunting season. but it was much later thatwe heard anything about it.
wyldesound i will email ya. do you bow hunt????
leave a message after the beep... me and the boy is hunting
Greg
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Sep 2007 06:15 PM  
Yessir.   Love to Bow hunt.   Getting my son really into it this year.   He's workgin hard at shooting his bow so hopefully a nice deer will walk past his stand this year.   

Pop me an email sometime....

See ya,

Greg
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
26 Sep 2007 04:32 PM  
Greg, nothing like having your children go hunting with you. My youngest son...now 22...has been hunting with me since he was 10 or 12, can't remember...that is what happens when you start getting old...LOL

The thing is you will have a hunting buddy for life!!

We shoot bows together through the year, shoot rifles, shot guns, pistols throughout the year and never miss a day to get in the woods together.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
Buckshot
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Nov 2007 09:05 PM  
I think the whole reason it took them so long to notify everyone about the cwd in west virginia was because they wanted to make sure that's what it was and the wanted to keep up hunting license revenues. Believe it or not theres probably people out there that have a misconception that every deer has it so they can't hunt...so i think thats why it took so long for anyone to hear about it
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!