Any Maine Hunters?
Last Post 22 Nov 2009 12:22 AM by maine_guy53. 15 Replies.
Author Messages
Mainehunter06
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Jan 2008 06:11 PM  
Who here has hunted in Maine before?

It is a great place,  my name is william bissell of Brewer,  I have shot several bucks and my biggest was a 10 point 207 pound buck.  I was wondering is Maine just as good as a hunting state as other places such as michigan, wisconsin and etc.  by the size of the deer?
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Feb 2008 04:39 AM  
I've hunted Patten Maine in the past, Huber Lumber Property. Did'nt see any bucks ,but saw some does. I'd like to go back , maybe this year.
stealthhunter11
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Mar 2008 05:35 PM  
I live in Maine, about 45 minutes from patten actually.  Deer are very scattered and hard to find, if your not a resident I highly recommend a very skilled Maine Guide.  I do know one that is very recommended and has shot some Maine Monsters before.  Just let me know and i can give anyone his information.
Jared DeLaite
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Mar 2008 08:00 PM  

I am from a small town named Wytopitlock.  There are a lot of deer but they are very smart and very hard to find.  During the rut you will get about 1 chance to shoot a buck just riding around.  I reckonmend finding where the deer are feeding or bedding down and putting a tree stand or blind in the middle.  For any one that doesn't know much about the land I would also recommend a registered guide.  My father is a master Maine guide and is building camps this year.

monsterbuck
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Apr 2008 08:21 PM  
Im just west of bangor awesome deer hunting
BuckWacka
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 May 2008 12:50 AM  
I am in Western Maine near the Rumford area. The deer hunting is not bad around here. I have tagged out 3 years running now and all were bucks. I also hunt in other parts of Maine as well and have hunted everywhere from the North Woods to Washington County.

kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 May 2008 09:17 PM  
Posted By stealthhunter11 on 03/17/2008 11:35 AM
I live in Maine, about 45 minutes from patten actually.  Deer are very scattered and hard to find, if your not a resident I highly recommend a very skilled Maine Guide.  I do know one that is very recommended and has shot some Maine Monsters before.  Just let me know and i can give anyone his information.

I met a fellow there in 2000, went by the name of BLUE, awesome guy. Just a few weeks ago, while surfing the net found his web site , blues wilderness hunts.com , I think I might check him out for 2009.

Bowhuntersrave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Jul 2008 02:20 PM  
I mostly bowhunt and since I live in the southern part of the state I take advantage of the expanded archery season. Big bucks in Maine are hard to come by. But they are here. Maine does not have a high population of deer like Michigan, Wisconsin and others. The southern part of the state has the most deer. But the really big bucks are in the north country.
www.bowhuntersrave.com
Preserving our bowhunting heritage
Free Quaker Boy Turkey Calls Login today
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
16 Jul 2008 01:27 AM  
I was in Paris Maine , back in April. Met a guy that owns a Kawasaki dealership,and he showed me a buck he had shot a couple of years ago just behind his home,and it was a braggin size buck.I think his home is in Norway Maine.
SUCRAM146
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Sep 2008 11:07 PM  
Maine is a great place to hunt Big Bucks. I hunted near Bingham last year and stayed with Bob and Andrea Howe. They run Pine Grove Lodge. Bob is a 25+ year Vet Guide. I didn't shoot any bucks last year, but others in my party did.

The second largest bodied whitetail on records was taken across the street from Pine Grove Lodge. That should give you all some idea if the gene pool in Bob's area. Also, to stay with them is in todays standards CHEAP. For a week long Guided hunt with all meals included your talking only $850.00 smackers. That's about 1/2 of anyone else.

One thing, 2008 might not be so good because reports are out that Maine lost 40% of it's deer herd from winter kill last year. We up here in northern NE got hammered last year with snow and the deer took a beating. I'll stil go this year because I love Andrea's cooking and it's all you can eat and because I know some of the tough bucks are still alive. That's the kind of trophy I'm after.

If you all want to hunt trophy bucks then go to Ontario. I'm planning a trip for a week up there and doing my own thing (no guide needed). Is there anyone out there looking for a hunting partner. I am a Hunter ED Instructor for the state of NH. I'm looking to meet a good and ethical hunter that is good in the BIG WOODS or someone who wants to learn. Let mwe know if your interested.
dave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Dec 2008 11:37 PM  
I live in Deer Isle which is down on the coast of Maine. I tag out each year.  But a guy don't want to be looking for big horns. I like the meat so I shoot what ever I have a tag for.
T
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Dec 2008 11:18 PM  
different is always better.

just different in general, view, weather, terrain, etc etc etc.

this is my vacation, people go on vacation and they always want to go somewhere they haven't been before.

if i can i would hunt somewhere i never hunted before, every year.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
brokenprest
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Feb 2009 01:16 AM  

I've been hunting Maine since I was in sixth grade.  The guys I hunt with have hunted it with their fathers starting in the early 60's.  Awesome place to hunt!!  I'm a tracker and love the big woods.  Hunt northern Maine up in the Allagash.  Also have a camp in Rangley Lakes Region.

Bowhuntersrave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Mar 2009 12:33 AM  
It is good to see that the State is well covered.
www.bowhuntersrave.com
Preserving our bowhunting heritage
Free Quaker Boy Turkey Calls Login today
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 May 2009 01:32 AM  
I'm coming back in Nov. I'll be hunting with my BIL and his cousin. somewhere around Paris. I can't wait !
maine_guy53
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Nov 2009 12:22 AM  
I live i Livermore Falls and we have some good deer heards around

---
Active Forums 4.2