Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Illinois Hunting
Last Post 03 Nov 2008 09:54 PM by Brandon8807. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Brandon
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Sep 2008 04:06 PM  
Anyone else itching to get into the woods come the first of October for archery season? I've been shooting my bow and getting it dialed it. Best of luck to everybody, and update us on your success!
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
01 Oct 2008 03:07 AM  
I can't wait!!! I wont be able to make it out till this weekend. But been ready sence last season!!! Good luck Brandon!!
Brandon
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Oct 2008 08:01 PM  
Thanks you too! Unfortunately with being in college currently I'm not going to be able to make it home to hunt until 11th.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
09 Oct 2008 04:08 AM  
Well I wish ya the best of luck, the 11th will be here before you know it... 
I went last weekend, pasted on a spike and a little 4 pointer.. They need to grow up..lolHad two does come within range but the first doe, when she got even with my tree she looked up right at me!! I was busted, didnt have a chance after that.
Im going again this weekend. Gonna set up on another good run I found last weekend.
spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Oct 2008 06:30 PM  
I've been out probably a half dozen times so far. Seen some small does but nothing to shoot at yet. The mosquitoes are so bad right now it's unbeliveable. I went last night and they were so bad they drove me out of the woods before sunset. I hunt some private land near home (Kincaid) and Sangcris State park and Jim Edgar Panther Creek (site m). I'm gonna wait until it really cools down now.
Mark L Smith
Brandon
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Oct 2008 03:43 AM  
You're pretty darn close to me spanky when you hunt at site m. Our property is probably about 15 miles away from there.
spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Oct 2008 08:13 AM  
Hey Brandon
Have you done any hunting at Site M? Any suggestions on areas to use?
Mark L Smith
Brandon
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Nov 2008 03:44 AM  
Hey Spanky, sorry I can't really be of much help with good hunting areas at Site M. The only time I'm out at Site M really is when I'm fishing or mushroom hunting. I can ask around and see if anyone I knows has some advice for you.
spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2008 06:31 AM  
Thanks Brandon. I would appreciate that. Has anyone seen any indication of the pre rut or rut? I've started seeing some fresh scrapes and rubs this week.
Mark L Smith
Brandon
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Nov 2008 09:54 PM  
The rut is getting closer and closer. I look for it to really bust open within the next couple of weeks. Fresh ground scrapes are everywhere, a few tree rubs, and several buck have started pairing up with does but aren't chasing them yet.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!