Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Moving To Texas
Last Post 12 Feb 2009 04:25 PM by trinitydeerslayer. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Jermaine
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Jul 2008 01:44 PM  

I'm moving to Texas from North Carolina and will be looking to hunt and meet hunters in the Killeen area. You got it I just got assigned to Ft. Hood (my choice). So any soldiers on here or any one who can give pointers and advice on Texas hunting to a novice please respond. Or any hunting clubs looking for new members if you don't mind teaching my son and I love learning.

Hard Work Beats Talent
When Talent Fails To Work Hard!
BIG RED
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Jul 2008 08:09 PM  
goodluck on your move to texas and thanks for serving.my son is just north of there in new mexico in the air force.there is alot of hunting oppurtunities to hunt various game in that area,from gamebirds to big game.i elk hunted with an outfitter that lives in el paso.seve conners at www.4c'soutfiters.com .give him acall and he might be able to hook you up with something.THANKS AGAIN FOR DOING YOUR PART.
life member nahc,nafc,amvets.
trinitydeerslayer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Jul 2008 07:22 PM  
Welcome to Texas! Glad to have another fellow hunter around...First let me also say "thank you" for your service to our country. Y'all are awesome!

I don't do any hunting up that direction but let me give you a couple of good resources you may want to try for finding a place:

This site is free of charge and run by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/exptexa...unt-texas/

I like this site best but there is a fee for it. Its got deer leases all over Texas and is updated twice weekly:
www.huntingpages.com

Here is a real invaluable chat room I think may serve you well also:
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/

I wish I could tell you more specifics but I honestly don't know anyone that lives or hunts up that way. Best of luck to you and take care! If you have any other questions, I'm happy to help if I can. If you do any good, be sure and post those pictures!

Jermaine
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Jul 2008 02:02 PM  
Thanks for the reply and the web pages I will be sure and check them out.  GOD BLESS!
Hard Work Beats Talent
When Talent Fails To Work Hard!
rnwinter
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 Jul 2008 08:37 PM  
The Killeen area has some fantastic hunting!! White and Black tail deer, and lots of exotics, fallow, prong horn sheep, and more.....!! It is South Texas, so it is sparsely populated and very desert like in many areas, with one of the largest under ground water resivoirs in the Nation. It has a little bit of every thing, no matter which direction you go. My suggestion, if you can, would be to hunt the Round Rock area if you can find a hunting parcel.
trinitydeerslayer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Feb 2009 04:25 PM  
Jermaine1214,

With deer season now behind us, sadly I'm afraid, I wanted to see how your season went. Were you able to make any contacts there locally that helped you at all? How about the deer? Did you have any luck? My season was pretty fair but I'm curious to hear how you made out.

Take care and let us know! 
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!