Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Wisconsin hunters, how did gun season go?
Last Post 10 Apr 2008 05:35 PM by jeffnlyd. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
2Chucks
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Dec 2007 02:32 AM  
I got a buck the last day of the season but far fewer deer than in any prior year. I think the herd is declining. Your thoughts?
Gregory
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Dec 2007 07:15 PM  
I would agree with the herd declining in certain areas.  My sister has a 300 acrea farm in Grant county in the CWD area.  We see far less deer as in the past.  To be honest tho a couple partials of 40 & 80 acreas we used to hunt has been sold and the deer are not pressured out of those areas.  I feel it's a combination of issues.  This year on my 30 acreas in Vernon county I seen 15 deer opening gun season.  Plenty of deer here. My travels to La Crosse  I don't remember seeing so may deer laying along the roadside hit by cars.  From Viroqua to La Crosse it was common to see  1 - 3 new car kills a day for a couple of weeks.
Gregory Cheever
CEO Cheever & Friends International
Sharing the power of the Mangosteen
www.ThisJuiceIsForYou.com
macpinstructor
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Feb 2008 04:40 AM  
Passed up two small bucks, didn't see a whole lot of deer this year. Maybe next year will be the ticket , who knows
The Bulldog
Forum Moderator
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Feb 2008 12:42 PM  
Posted By 2chucks on 12/01/2007 8:32 PM
I got a buck the last day of the season but far fewer deer than in any prior year. I think the herd is declining. Your thoughts?

Ron is the Herd Declining? Or are you spending waaaaay to much time making Knives? lol. 
2Chucks
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Mar 2008 02:33 AM  
Yes, the herd is declining and yes, Making custom knives and arrows has me pretty busy.
jeffnlyd
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Apr 2008 05:35 PM  
Filled the freezer no problem.  Dad and I had 4 deer down by 11:00am opening day.  Plenty of deer around in our neck of the woods.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!