Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
illinois hunting any luck yet?
Last Post 03 Nov 2008 09:53 PM by Brandon8807. 46 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
bountyhunter64
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Nov 2007 03:42 AM  
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you are not in too much pain. Will be thinking of you in our prayers, take care! 
Bountyhunter

"DICK"
Brandon
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Dec 2007 04:51 AM  

Both firearms seasons have been pretty slow so far for my Dad and I. I've seen plenty of small bucks but not the mature bucks we're used to seeing. We're trying to carry out some deer management so we're only shooting bucks big enough to mount this year. Looks as though tomorrow that we might have to settle for a a doe or two. We have been seeing a nice 10 or 12 pointer that has about a 23" spread that has a lot of potential... so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
03 Dec 2007 11:21 AM  
Sorry to hear bout your fall, hope everthing comes out alright, how did it happen, maybe we can all learn from it.
jdprice
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Dec 2007 01:29 AM  
I had the best hunting experience I have ever had on Thursday Nov 29. I took my 10 year old daughter out of school early so she could go to the woods with me to see if we could bag a doe. We were in the stand 5 minutes and had 8 deer startin to work their way to us. I was watching the deer to my left and I hear a little whisper. "Dad I hear somethin over to the right" I reply," just keep watchin that way and let me know if you see anything." "Dad theres a doe movin down the creek bed, shes gonna come right by our stand." I slowly move myself and gun to the right and sure enough theres a nice doe movin our way. I tell my daughter to cover her ears and as soon as the doe moves from behind the tree Im gonna shoot. I shoot and the doe goes about 30 yards and piles up. We wait about 40 minutes and get down. Since this is our first deer together I let my daughter track the deer. She did a wonderful job, finds the doe with no problem. This has been my best hunt ever, and we were only in the stand 15 minutes when I shot this doe. What a hunt, nothin compares to it.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
04 Dec 2007 11:13 AM  
That's what its all about jd, priceless memmories, spending time with friends and family.
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Dec 2007 11:02 PM  
Hope your ankle is healing now. Make sure you rehab it real good so you can get back in the woods in a few months.
Resbo
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Dec 2007 11:53 AM  
Posted By countrygirl on 11/24/2007 10:58 AM
Never got a deer... I fell from my stand opening morning. Badley broke my anckle. Have to have surgery on tues Nov 27th  So Think my hunting is over for the year!!!

Sorry to hear about the ankle CG.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
14 Jan 2008 02:53 AM  
Posted By Resbo on 12/23/2007 5:53 AM
Posted By countrygirl on 11/24/2007 10:58 AM
Never got a deer... I fell from my stand opening morning. Badley broke my anckle. Have to have surgery on tues Nov 27th  So Think my hunting is over for the year!!!

Sorry to hear about the ankle CG.

Thanks Resbo!!!!  Im healing realy fast. Just started walking again this past week..well okay not walking...hobbeling is more like it..lol
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
14 Jan 2008 11:22 AM  
Get well soon cg, turkey season is only a couple of months away, you'll be fine by then , I'm sure.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
14 Jan 2008 09:49 PM  
Posted By slawman on 01/14/2008 5:22 AM
Get well soon cg, turkey season is only a couple of months away, you'll be fine by then , I'm sure.

Thanks slaw,,,, I am doing realy good.. Gonna go out for our late season gun hunt this weekend!!! and by turkey season I should be walking normal again!!!
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
15 Jan 2008 11:27 AM  
Good luck cg, bring home the meat this weekend, stay warm, it's gonna be a cold one.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
01 Feb 2008 02:15 AM  
 Did'nt see a thing Slaw, And it was freezing!! But I injoyed every min of just sitting there and listoning and watching!!!!
Maybe I'll have better luck come turkey season!!!
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
01 Feb 2008 11:41 AM  
Well, sorry to hear you didn't get anything, but at least you were out ther amongst them huh? time to concentrate on that gobbler now. good luck.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
24 Mar 2008 02:41 AM  
Ready to hit the turkey woods now!!! I got 5th season this year. Got our apts in late, wasnt sure I was gonna be able to hunt. But Im doing well and can't wait to hit the turkey woods!!  who else got tags? and what seasons and countys??
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
24 Mar 2008 11:47 AM  
hey CG glad to hear your doin ok, good enough to hit the turkey woods, Ill be taking the boy 5th and 6th of april, and I hunt a week later up in Montgomery county, I'll be takin my brother on the fourth season for his first turkey hunt ever, this ought to be a blast.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
29 Mar 2008 09:56 PM  
Posted By slawman on 03/24/2008 5:47 AM
hey CG glad to hear your doin ok, good enough to hit the turkey woods, Ill be taking the boy 5th and 6th of april, and I hunt a week later up in Montgomery county, I'll be takin my brother on the fourth season for his first turkey hunt ever, this ought to be a blast.
Awesome slaw,hope you all get birds!
For some reason me and the hubby got to differant seasons this year, he got 4th me 5th so we'll be down hunting for 10 days five each. Im siked!!

slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
30 Mar 2008 01:11 PM  
Are you hang with rob on his hunt? that'll give you twicw the time in the woods, that'll be cool. thats what I'm looking forward to, hangin with my boy, and my bro on their hunts, it gives me lots of time out there to learn more about that worthy advessary...... I see a case of turkey hunters butt coming....ouch !.....did you get your applications off late to those seasons?I'll let ya know how we did on the boys youth hunt after next weekend, landowner has 3 longbeards scoped out that have been roosting  in the same spot behind his house for a week now, hope they stay there, it'll be a close hunt , hopfully......
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
03 Apr 2008 04:24 AM  
Ya Slaw we got our apps off late. With me still healing up and with the knew baby and the wedding and all thats been going on. Just happy we still got something. 
Yup Im figuring I'll be with Robby his 5 days, should be able to pattern them and get a feel for where there going and roosting. Then by the time I get to hunt... maybe I'll get a bird this year!!! lol
You always get a nice bird, sooo uhh can't wait to see what you get this year.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
08 Apr 2008 11:39 AM  
well the boy didn't get a bird this year but it wasn't because he didn't have the oportunity. he passed on a couple of jakes  at first then decided a jake was a good bird but they stayed in line with a couple of trees and he couldn't get a shot. the second day a longbeard came in and busted him when he tried to swing the gun....close call but no cigar...I was really proud when on our way home he said it was a great hunt even though we didn't get a bird. So things look good for my hunt next monday, we had bout 12-15 gobblers gobblin their heads of on the farm. so the birds are there.. I'll let ya know how that turns out.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
12 Apr 2008 10:51 PM  
Well Steve, at least ya'all injoyed it and had a good time!!!Sorry your son didnt score this year. Hope your season is better.Good luck.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!