Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

illinois hunting any luck yet?
Last Post 03 Nov 2008 09:53 PM by Brandon8807. 46 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
illinoisbowhunter35
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Oct 2007 04:08 PM  
hi i am from decatur illinois and man its to hot here has anyone had any luck yet despite the heat looks like a cool down comming at the end of the week .good thing i have a lottery permit for allerton park in monticello il.let me know any luck you guys or gals are having so far

countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
12 Oct 2007 03:03 AM  
No luck here, We went down to our deer camp last weekend for 4 days... the heat was horrable .  And the skeeters and chiggers worse!!!  Sat in our stands every morning and eveing and didnt see a thing, think it was just to hot and the deer are moving late at night.
But with this cool weather coming in Im ready to hit the deer woods again!! Can't wait to get back out there. Good luck to you  Hope you have a great season!!
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
12 Oct 2007 05:01 AM  
I was down there this weekend...outside of Buncomb. Saw several deer Friday afternoon and shot a button fawn buck. Had a couple other small bucks under my stand...6-pointer and cowhorn. Deer were movin good Friday evening...but I was in deep woods. After pulling that little bugger to my jeep after dark thought I might die from heat exhaustion. Decided to head home Saturday morning rather than endure another day of heat. It was just to hot to shoot anything and I am glad that fawn was small enough to stuff into a cooler. I will be back down there in a two weekends or so.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Oct 2007 11:38 AM  
I took my son ont hw youth hunt on the 6th. It was one of the most miserable hunts I can remember. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed our time together but it was so hot , we were both drenched in sweat. we never even seen a deer. and after several hours in the stand my boys patience wore thin and he wanted to go home. We did get to watch a bachelor group of longbeards behind the landowners house. 11 of them came right up behind the house. cool weather is here now, but my work place has other plans for me for the next 2 weeks....6 days a week , 12 hours a day. not gonna get much huntin done, Ill be lucky to get out and make one or 2 fall turkey hunts in a week or so.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Oct 2007 04:53 PM  
Posted By slawman on 10/13/2007 5:38 AM
I took my son ont hw youth hunt on the 6th. It was one of the most miserable hunts I can remember. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed our time together but it was so hot , we were both drenched in sweat. we never even seen a deer. and after several hours in the stand my boys patience wore thin and he wanted to go home. We did get to watch a bachelor group of longbeards behind the landowners house. 11 of them came right up behind the house. cool weather is here now, but my work place has other plans for me for the next 2 weeks....6 days a week , 12 hours a day. not gonna get much huntin done, Ill be lucky to get out and make one or 2 fall turkey hunts in a week or so.
 I hear ya Slaw, last weekend was the hottest time I have ever been hunting, although it was nice to be out there. I think next time I will make sure the weather is cooler!!!! I love to hunt, but when sweat is dripping off you, just sitting in your stand, thats not fun!!!! Anyways hope you can get back out there soon. And good luck to you this season!!! Keep me posted..

slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
14 Oct 2007 01:06 PM  
Good luck to you and your party cg. Take lots of pics. I have a weeks vacation come shotgun season, I'm at least going to hunt that week, maybe every day.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
17 Oct 2007 03:39 AM  
We will be heading out friday night and will hunt till monday night,Then back home for 4 days. Then hunting for 8!!! I can hardley wait.. Sure hope it cools off. But at least its better than the 80's...lol
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
18 Oct 2007 11:49 AM  
good luck, we want to hear how y'all did.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
19 Oct 2007 03:48 AM  
Thanks, Its gonna be fun, even if I dont see anything..
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
23 Oct 2007 02:01 AM  
Well seen a few does with yearlings this weekend. Pulled back on a couple does, But it was low light and I couldnt see thru my peep, everything went blurry on me. And I couldnt focus. Its wasnt to dark eather. The sun had just passed my stand. Im sooo upset!!! I had to start waring glasses about 9 months ago to read. But never knew I couldnt see thru my peep any longer.. Not sure what to do about it.  Im leaving in 4 days for an 8 DAY Hunt!!!!!
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
23 Oct 2007 02:51 AM  
I forgot to mention, came across a few nice size scrapes this weekend!!! Things should start picking up now!!!
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
23 Oct 2007 11:51 AM  
Dang the bad luck , can you make the opening in the peep sight bigger( drill it out) i've heard of some people doing this to open things up a bit. better luck on your 8 day hunt cg. i turkey hunted sunday and it was so windy , nothing was moving, I'm going to try again wednesday. I don't get to bow hunt til first weekend in November(2 weeks). GOOD LUCK !
Arrow Slingin'
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Oct 2007 06:32 PM  
Between my dad and i, we have 4 does down. Lots of small bucks moving and actually responding to the grunt call. Going out this afternoon and going to try my hand at a little rattling/grunting sequence here and there. They are definitely moving here in mercer county. Good luck to all.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
04 Nov 2007 11:23 AM  
November 3rd, finally got out into the woodsThe 4-wheeler trails are tore up with scrapes everywhere. I didn't see any deer but my buddy got a young one for the freezer. I got vacaton in a week so I'll be out there the whole week leading into firearm season.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
12 Nov 2007 11:26 AM  
November 11, windy and mild temps, so I hunt the creek bottoms to stay out of the wind.Seen a really tall basket rack 8 pointer and to my surprise , behind him was a nice wide 8 pointer, they split up , and I watch the high racked one bed down 3 times and he grunted a few times too. within 50 yrds of me, anice doe came to his grunts and then came across the creek to me but got directly down wind of me and bolted......no shot, I must be repulsive the way she took out of there....I could have gotton any of these with a shotgun, can't wait till this weekend.
AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
12 Nov 2007 09:06 PM  
Casey 9my brother) killed a 7 pointer on Saturday morning. Not a trophy but a big bodied deer. I was shut out this weekend. We hunted up at my father-in-laws in Jasper County...one of the perks of marriage and some good deer country.

Will be down in Johnson for Shotgun Season this Friday and weekend.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Nov 2007 11:45 AM  
Well I'm glad to hear Casey got a buck, I'm sure he was a happy camper, I'll never forget when I was with him when he got his first deer, that deer went down like a ton of bricks, and he went up, did a 2 foot verticle jump. whack-em and stack-em this weekend Andy, may your target be large and your aim be true, can;t wait to see the pics and hear some of the stories, I miss those days down there, but i'm making new memories where I'm at now. Someday i hope to kill out early and come down there for the 2nd season or the remainder of the first one. I'm on vacation all week now, got some grocery shoppin to do but thats all I have left to do, I have everything packed and ready...gonna sharpen a couple of knives this morning in preperation of the dirty deed....good luck buddy, tell everyone I'm with them in spirit. have a cold one for me round the campfire and make a toast to those 2 guys that started it all, (God rest their sole)
Brandon
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Nov 2007 04:59 PM  
I haven't gotten to go out much so far this year. I'm a freshman in college now and it really stinks being far enough away from home that I can't hunt. I'm heading home on Thursday night to hunt opening day of shotgun this Friday though. Good luck to everyone.
bubba17
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Nov 2007 08:48 PM  

Hey wats up. We went to deer camp starting on the 3and 4th. Then we went bak on the 10th and 11th. We shot a total of 7 deer.  We harvested 4 does and 3 butten bucks.  We also seen a 180" buck in a grassy CRP field chasing a few does. Then On sunday I seen a real nice 160" buck coming across a field. He was coming rite toward me but scented me. I hunt on the Brown Schuyler county border about 10 minutes from rushville. I also hunted a 75 acre piece of timber which is where we seen the 180" deer. So we seen a lot... Did anyone else???

countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
24 Nov 2007 04:58 PM  
Never got a deer... I fell from my stand opening morning. Badley broke my anckle. Have to have surgery on tues Nov 27th  So Think my hunting is over for the year!!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!