Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
How's your season going?
Last Post 02 Feb 2008 06:34 PM by Dobber. 28 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 Dec 2007 02:11 AM  
Well I went out this aft after a work function and as I approached my hunting area what do I see in the field but 12 deer pawwing in the winter wheat.
My main goal was to remove a ground blind that I put up last week but decided to check out two of my other stands and there are runways two feet wide and right down to the dirt passing both locations, wish I had a game cam to find out when they pass but I`m afraid to leave one in the woods out of fear of losing it(a few tresspassers occasionally wander around my stands).
Anyways, have a happy holiday and try to make due with this fudged up weather we`re having in the next couple of days supposed to rain Sat & Sun then turn to snow on Mon.
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
31 Dec 2007 11:39 PM  
So how did everybody make out in the last week of the season? Me, I struck out did see a few deer though. Seen 6 deer about 500 yds away on Sunday morning and at my evening sit I saw 6 coons, 2 very abnoxious downie woodpeckers, and 28 turkeys but no deer. Anyways take care enjoy the New Years party and begin preparing for the spring turkey hunt it`s only 3.5 months away.
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
02 Jan 2008 02:16 PM  
was out hunting with some locals from the Dorchester / Aylmer area on the Saturday, had a great time, had to miss the last hunt on the 31st though.
Most of the guys i hunted with are friends through another forum, always good to get out with people you chat to

Happy new year all
busted
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Jan 2008 01:51 AM  
G'day boys! Just logged on. It's been a while. To answer a couple of your ?'s. I had no day pics until the 16th of Dec. During that major storm. They were really coming in hard all week, right up until the 23rd when the rain came. Lost almost all our snow, swamps filled with water and hay fields were open again, so I think they had no need for supplemental feed. I've got a pic as well at 12:30 am on the 19th, 2 antlers and at 12:31am, ONE!! So cool I found the match as well on the 20th, a perfect 10 pt and then on the 21rst I found the left side of a real good drop tine I've got alot of pics of. He lost it on cam as well at 5:35am on the21rst. Then on Christmas day I've got a pic of fork horn and he's lost one as well!! I'm wondering if the drought this summer has anything to do with it? My cousin shot a 'doe' between Christmas and New Years and discovered different as well during field dressing. He's about 25 Kms from here. So I guess it's time this year. My season ended with my tag in my wallet. It's best described like this:Total hours actually hunting=38 hrs 25 min
total deer seen= 2
shooters seen= 1
shots taken= 0
cuss words= about 10 million
shooters on cam= 5
non-shooters on cam= 5
# of pics= 400 plus and still getting them
three sheds found
Overall, it was a good year in the woods with alot of good memories. If anyone doesn't have a trail cam, they need to get one. During the gun season here there were no mentions of any bucks around my farm. I got the pics and that kept my spirits up. Other years I would have been depressed by the first of Dec. I'm hoping that with the amount of deer that are still around my woods at this time that I can find a few of these shooters' sheds with my kids when the snow leaves. I know they would get real buzzed if they were to find one. Talk later, Busted

busted
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Jan 2008 09:31 PM  
Hey Dobber, from your posts I take you are a scorer, right? With who are you affiliated? FROW, P&Y, B&C, BTR? How long does it take to score a rack? I've rough scored mine and they are around the 120's by BTR. I'm going to talk to our bow club leader about having a 'buck scoring' night at our club and was wondering how many a person could do in a night? What are the costs? Do you charge, or does the organization you score for charge? I'm thinking of this as a way to expose our club and bring in new members. It's just a thought for now, but this way I'm not paying a bunch of long distance fees, calling people to answer ?'s. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
12 Jan 2008 03:20 AM  
am a scorer for FROW, what club you at? i was almost going to the Kent County bow club dinner this month but will be away. If your around on March 1st there is a huge big buck and bull day in Tilbury, plus a few other shows around the province i attend.

check out http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Hunt...owforum=45 for local events

Let me know what you want to do or send me an email at ontariotrophybucks@hotmail.com or iandobbins@teamindustrial.com
will gladly help you out
ontarioben
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Jan 2008 01:57 AM  
January thaw is upon us here in St. Thomas and in the last three weeks I`ve seen approx. 50 or so deer all mostly mid day in the open fields . Wish hunting was still on but turkey season is just around the corner and there are plenty of those kicking around as well. When do you guys think is a good time to start shed hunting?
busted
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Jan 2008 05:46 PM  
If you know where they are yarding, go and start lookin' anytime. They started dropping here in southeastern Ont. around the week before Christmas. The last pic that I have of a racked deer was on the 10th of Jan. and the only bone that are still on are on a little forkhorn on the 23rd. I found 3 horns back before Christmas, 2 being a match set from one of the 10 pts, but nothing since we lost our snow back in Dec. Good luck!
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
02 Feb 2008 06:34 PM  
yeah seen loads of deer during the 401 drives from Chatham on north.

Most people i have talked to have already started to pick up sheds, some guys i chat with up north have been collecting moose sheds as well.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!