Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
squirrel hunting
Last Post 21 Feb 2009 02:52 PM by mcraddock. 33 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
28 Sep 2007 02:47 AM  
Dont think I'll be going back out after the bushytails, till we get a good frost to get rid of the chiggers!!!
Bloodhound Fan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Sep 2007 07:44 PM  
I hunt squirrel in the MS delta and have killed a potload of black squirrels in my day.  Believe it or not, I cannot recall killing a female in the whole lot of them.  Seems like every single one was male but I cannot find any info to back up my theory of them all being male.   I hunt squirrels from Oct to middle of Nov then again in February.
Ian Hunts NY
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Sep 2007 02:49 AM  
ive taken a few squirrels.
pjk8867
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Sep 2007 06:21 AM  
This is a stupid question, but we dont hunt squirels out here. What do they resemble in taste???
May the hunting Gods be with you.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
30 Sep 2007 04:42 PM  
Well,I don't think I have ever tasted anything else that tastes like squrriel.This is how my Mom fixes them,she will boil them until tender,roll them in flou,salt and pepper ,then fry them up and you can't forget the gravy and biscuits ! MMMM GOOD !
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
30 Sep 2007 07:34 PM  
Taste alot like Bald Eagle.....JUst kiddin', they have a taste of their own,mmmmmm good !
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
01 Oct 2007 09:37 PM  
Posted By slawman on 09/30/2007 1:34 PM
Taste alot like Bald Eagle.....JUst kiddin', they have a taste of their own,mmmmmm good !

What he said!!!
Bloodhound Fan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Oct 2007 10:37 PM  
Kinda a stupid answer but....they taste like squirrels.  Seriously, they do pretty much have a taste of thier own, I would kinda cross them between rabbit and deer.  The meat is quite tough and rubbery unless you cook it correctly.   We had a lady back in the 80's at our camp who made probably the best dumplings I've put in my mouth and she would fry the shoulders and hind quarters and put them on top of the dumplings(she would also but the rest of the meat off the squirrel in with the dumplings). 
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
02 Oct 2007 06:58 PM  
Our season opens this coming Saturday and I will be in the woods with my trustee JW-15 22 lr bolt action. Gave up the shotgun years ago for the 22. More challenging to me to try and get those little bugers with a 22.

Of course we haven't had a frost yet so I am concerned they might have warrbles (spelling), and it has been very very warm here in WV. Today, October 2 is in the mid to upper 70's...may reach 80 and rainfall...well I think we are having the worst year for not having rain. The groundwater table is very very low, the woods are dry and trails that we ride 4 wheelers on are like dust bowls.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
Ian Hunts NY
6 Point
6 Point

--
12 Oct 2007 01:02 AM  
gotta love squirrel hunting
sapper
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Oct 2007 12:31 AM  
i love squirrel hunting but havent been able to for about 3 years due to multiple deployments to iraq looking forward to getting back to it in the near future.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
26 Oct 2007 01:32 AM  
Posted By sapper on 10/25/2007 6:31 PM
i love squirrel hunting but havent been able to for about 3 years due to multiple deployments to iraq looking forward to getting back to it in the near future.

Thanks for serving our country,I hope you get out to do some hunting.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
dman12
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Feb 2009 03:09 PM  
i shot one the other day just because i dont like them then i went back inside he dies after one shot from my pellet gun
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
21 Feb 2009 02:52 PM  
Reviving an old thread, huh? Cool, it does remind me of the fact that squirell season ends next week for us.
 I managed to "cull the herd" a little in my area. My 8 year old step son has declared war on the boogers after having them torment him during his first deer season. Here is a pic since that was what the thread originally asked for anyway.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!