Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

squirrel hunting
Last Post 21 Feb 2009 02:52 PM by mcraddock. 33 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Buck-hunter84
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Sep 2007 03:56 PM  
how many of u squirrel hunt..if u do how many have u killed so far.
lets see some pics
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
03 Sep 2007 04:17 PM  
I used to squrriel hunt alot,then I got into bow hunting.I won't be able to shoot my bow this year so me and my son will get to chase them some,our season starts Oct 1st,but we will wait until a good frost.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
03 Sep 2007 10:20 PM  
As soon as it cools down, I'll be out there bustin them bushy-tails, 1 or 2 weeks from now.
eversboys
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Sep 2007 10:33 PM  
squirrel hunter here but waiting for the trees to shed some leaves.
move once, ive gotcha
move twice, youre dead
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Sep 2007 05:51 PM  
Yep, Been twice seen several only killed 9 but the leaves are still pretty thick.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
cb
8 Point
8 Point

--
05 Sep 2007 01:58 AM  
I huntem, I cookem, I eatem.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Sep 2007 03:27 PM  
I shoot em with my bb gun and have killed countless amount of squirrels, got one with my bow to, that 100 gr 4 blade muzzy really messed his day up, were I live they are a nusince, they tear up the screened in porches to try to eat the bird seed
SOUTHERN PRIDE
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Sep 2007 03:41 PM  
Do you guys hunt them with dogs or stalk ? I have hunted them both ways,I think I like the stalking method better?I'm gonna try my 17HMR on the little bushy tails this year.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
matt_man215
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Sep 2007 03:57 PM  
i squirrel hunt may have some pics ill post later
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
06 Sep 2007 06:52 PM  
I HAVE HUNTED FOR THEM BUT NO ONE IN MY FAMILY WILL EAT THEM OTHER THEN ME SO I JUST LET THEM GO.
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
15 Sep 2007 05:21 PM  
I love to hunt the tree rats. hav'nt been yet this season yet i've been laid up with a case of staph infection in my lower back as soon as i get released to go back to work , will work in a day to go on a hunt.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
16 Sep 2007 11:45 AM  
I went wednesday, got 2 reds and 1 gray
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
17 Sep 2007 07:28 AM  
I squirrel hunted once when I was a kid. I want to do it again someday. But the only thing I have right now is a shotgun.

Not only that but I have not seen very many squirrels, or at least not the kind we can shoot in Iowa. Most of what I see here in my area are the Black squirrels and it is illegal to shoot black squirrels in Iowa.
Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
droptine06
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Sep 2007 06:21 PM  
hey ray if you got one, post a pic of a black squirrel my daughter has never seen one
I love to hunt them but I don't eat em my dad did but I lost him in april 05 along with my brother in december of 05 I'm just now really started hunting and fishing again, my dad was my fishing buddy and my brother was my hunting buddy
Hillbilly Willy
Today is the day the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
19 Sep 2007 10:13 AM  
I don't personally have any pictures of our black squirrels. But here is a link that has a nice picture of one. I will try to take some pictures of my own and post them sometime...

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:BlackSquirrel.jpg

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
19 Sep 2007 10:15 AM  
Oh, and I forgot to say, in Iowa it is illegal to hunt these black squirrels. They use to be rare, but now you see more black squirrels than red ones...

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
ShawnibalLecter
Forum Administrator
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Sep 2007 02:06 AM  
Posted By tubby on 09/06/2007 9:41 AM
Do you guys hunt them with dogs or stalk ? I have hunted them both ways,I think I like the stalking method better?I'm gonna try my 17HMR on the little bushy tails this year.

17HMR does a bit more damage than you think, that is if you plan on eating'em......trust me, if you are off and don't make a clean head shot then plan on picking up the pieces.

I ended up going back to the trusted .22
If you ever hope to be a credible adult and want a job that pays better than minimum wage, then for God's sake don't pierce or tattoo every available piece of flesh. If so, then plan your future around saying... "Would you like fries with that?"
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
25 Sep 2007 02:31 AM  
squerrel hunted last weekend, and took 4.. 3 reds and a grey.. No pics though.. I sit close by some nice hickorys for awhile then move and sit some place else.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Sep 2007 02:05 AM  
I waxed a couple with my crossbow today just for fun. Didn't take pics though, sorry. They have been hiiting my corn feeder pretty hard lately.
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
27 Sep 2007 07:20 PM  
OH YEA!!! I squirrel hunt...I'm a squirrel hunter. Our season here in WV opens in about a week...October 6th. For years I always hunted with my 870 Express 12 gauge, but it was to easy so now I have been going to the woods with my JW-15 22 lr bolt action rifle that is topped with a 3-9x40 Tasco scope and a bipod.

Taken several, several squirrels with it.

Looking forward to our opener, but it has been so hot up here in WV and no rainfall that really amounts to much. We need a good cold snap and some frosty mornings. Acorns are already falling and the squirrels are cutting the heck out of them. Haven't seen the first hickory yet just oak and most of it is chestnut oak and red oak, haven't found any white oak.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!