Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Wild Hogs!
Last Post 08 Dec 2008 05:48 AM by cfiloteo3. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
shocktrooper32
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Nov 2008 10:50 PM  
Just got stationed in LA "lower alabama" back in July. Met some guys who hunt wild hogs year round down here. Last week whent huntin on Fort Rucker around sundown time. Got chased by an angry sow. Once I recomposed myself, changed my undergarments and retrieved my bow and climber. I sttled in just off the road where I could see into a pine thicket. About 15 minutes before dark I was nearly blasted out of my tree but what can only be described as the roar of a really angry boar. it sounded like he was murdering everything in his path. Turns out there was a sow in heat and this big ol boy was protecting her virtue....hee hee. We are going out on a ground stalk this coming weekend to get up close and personal with some hogs.....If I survive Ill get pictures to post!
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Nov 2008 10:51 PM  
WTG. Can't wait to find out your results.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Nov 2008 01:41 AM  
last weeks during muzzle loader Ihad a pack of hogs sqealing and fighting all morning, when you get to hear the sound of a 200 lb wild boar thats ****** at one of the others youll be glad that your not on the ground, the pack came out at around 500 yrds, way to far for my muzzle loader, but someone else was huntn over by me and shot and lost one. Ive been hog hunting for a while, trap, bow,gun, and dogs, the sound of a mad hog still gets me going. Good luck, and make sure you get them before they get you.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
09 Nov 2008 05:38 PM  
Likewise, I've had a mad boar hog under my stand before daylight and couldn't see him well enough to shoot. But the blood curdling screams he let out sent chills down my spine when he got wind of the sow in heat somewhere nearby. That never gets old, don't care how many hogs you've killed.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
11 Nov 2008 01:33 AM  
it does scare the hell outa you, my buddy was huntn almost a mile away and heard the hogs that were 300 yrds in front of me
SOUTHERN PRIDE
homemedic73
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Nov 2008 12:33 AM  
I hunt hogs regularly and they can be unpredictable. But with climber and a good squealer and grunt you are sure to get one. They sows don't respond as well to squealer but a boar that is wound up is sure to come in running ready for a fight. The grunt works well to bring them in slow and easy if your scent is covered and you are near a wallow or one of their rooting spots. I hunt them from the ground all the time, I enjoy the adrenlin rush but be careful if on the ground they sometimes answer the squealer and grunt from a distance but will sneak to another angle of approach without your knowledge. If hunting from the ground it is best to have a hunting buddy there to be ready will gun or bow if you are using a caller.I am in Mobile county and we are starting to have a bit of a overpopulation problem so come on over and help us clean them out. Hog is one of the best meats of wild game because the gamey flavor is only strong through out late spring, summer and early fall. But if you want some more L.A hog ghunting advice just  message me here  at buckmasters or e- mail me at homemedic73@yahoo.com.
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Dec 2008 05:48 AM  
Sounds like a lot of fun; we have a big problem down here too. Good luck and have fun :)
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!