Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

1st time turkey hunter
Last Post 15 Apr 2008 11:48 PM by Meeker. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
no game
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Apr 2008 12:40 AM  
here is my ? i usually dont turkey hunt but this season my son would like to go and see if he can get 1.  the problem is ive never used a turkey call so i have no idea which would be the easist to use. does anyone have any suggestion on which one to start out with. 
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
02 Apr 2008 02:52 AM  
I love the slate calls, I think there very easy to use. my hubby uses the box calls, there pretty easy to use also.I would sugest try all of them and see what one you like the best.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
02 Apr 2008 02:55 AM  
I to am starting turkey hunting this spring,as far as calls pick a couple of the them to see which one you can get the hang of using .Try the slate or a box,if you have time to practice get mouth call(these take longer to learn,well thet did for me).
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
02 Apr 2008 11:36 AM  

Both are relatively easy to use. Like everthing , practice is the key . Just a few basic calls will bring a bird to your gun barrel. I would suggest getting both the slate and the box calls. The slate will allow softer , and more subtle calls, where the box will reach out there on them windy days.  Get you diaphram call to to start playing with. This will take the most practice but it's a hands free operation. Good luck.

no game
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Apr 2008 10:17 PM  
htanks for all your reply i took everyones advise and i picked up a box call and diaphram tody maybe a slat friday
Meeker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Apr 2008 11:48 PM  
i like the box calls there easy to use but there not the best thing to carry around in the woods with you
Meeker
Meeker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Apr 2008 11:48 PM  
i like the box calls there easy to use but there not the best thing to carry around in the woods with you
Meeker
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!