Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
First goose ever
Last Post 09 Mar 2008 02:43 PM by slawman. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sublime9787
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Mar 2008 05:33 AM  
The DEC opened up a new late winter goose season in NY from march 1-10 and today i got one, my first ever. i don't have any calls or anything and never went out for them before, but i always see them in open areas this time of year. I went to an apple orchard which has a few ponds and I remember seeing a lot of geese there when I've hunted for deer and turkeys and fished there. I tried to get one with my bow and didn't realize that they are smart haha, usually when i fish i can get up to 5-10 yards to them and they don't care much, but this time they all flew away when i was about 40 yards away.  About 50 or so flew which i only saw 5 or 6 of them down on of the lanes in the orchard. I left and came back in the afternoon and this time i brought the shotgun and saw one lone goose and got to about 25-30 yards and shot it. it flopped onto a frozen pond which has started to melt alot these past few days but luckily it was near the shore so i could get it. I'm thinking about getting a call and decoys to hunt for them later this year because man it tastes good!
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Mar 2008 09:51 PM  
Waterfowl hunting is a blast,don't get much of a chance on geese here.Congrats on the goose.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
09 Mar 2008 02:43 PM  
their like bringing down low flying aircraft....thier fun to hunt
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!