Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

when to deer shed hunt
Last Post 22 Feb 2008 03:10 AM by DemanNo1. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
huntingfan55
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Feb 2008 02:53 AM  

i just got to into shed hunting.....i was want to see if anyone knew when the best time to go

dyl
ryan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Feb 2008 07:34 PM  
best i've heard january to march.I also heard you got to find them before the mice and other bone eatting critters do!
There are no strangers here,just friends we haven't met!
jbarr
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Feb 2008 09:59 PM  
i've heard feburary is when they shed. i want to know where to look for them?
jeremyjms06
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Feb 2008 01:22 AM  
it depends on what part of the country you are in. all deer shed at different times, some start as early as dec. the later your rut happens the later they shed. if you have an Oct.-Nov. rut then your sheds are most likely gone by now.
DemanNo1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Feb 2008 03:10 AM  
I am not so sure if the bucks in South Mississippi shed in Feb, as our season with muzzleloaders is carried into the middle of February and I have seen some really nice bucks with the antlers still attached.

My question is when do the deer's feet stop growing? I've seen a pair of spikes (youngins) and their prints were as big as the 12 point that I have been trying to hunt. There is quite a difference in their body size but the tracks are as big as the older 12 point. 
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!