Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

turkeyholics
Last Post 23 Aug 2008 01:07 PM by slawman. 27 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
17 Feb 2008 01:13 PM  
 I was just wondering , how many people we have on here are addicted to turkey hunting.............................besides me. 

Hi, my name is Steve, I'm a turkeyholic
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
17 Feb 2008 03:25 PM  
Only tried it once or twice and never got anything,but gonna try again this year.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Olsplittoe
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Feb 2008 03:31 PM  
I've hunted turkeys for severl years to no avale. Seen a bunch of them and called in some good ones, but either Dad or buddy got the chance to pull the trigger.  Looking forward to this season hoping to get a shot at one with a good beard. Good to all that get a chance.
CLAYBOY
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Feb 2008 04:34 PM  
My name is Clay and I am a TURKEY FREAK!!!!!

I mainly just guide now that my son hunts with me. he was 6 last year and got in the middle of really hot action and the only time i can go alone is when he is in school. Deer huntin is the same, he killed 2 does and a spike this year, so Dad doesn't get to do much shootin any more.                            
 I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!              GOOD LUCK THIS SPRING-YOUTH SEASON OPENS THE 15TH OF MARCH HERE!!!
Ian Hunts NY
6 Point
6 Point

--
19 Feb 2008 10:45 PM  
i called in my first turkey last spring. and no i can say im addicted to turkey hunting cant wait till spring
the one
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Feb 2008 06:51 PM  
I love to hunt them. I was not alway that way. If you hunt Deer you will love hunting them. They are harder to hunt then Deer. I will post Picture of mine later. I know you die hard deer hunter are saying that there is no way turkeys are harder then deer.  That's was the same way i felt all I have to say is just try it,
the one
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Feb 2008 11:53 PM  
Shoot this bird in GA. 12"beard 11/2 hooks
ks_hunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Feb 2008 01:41 AM  
id say im a huntaholic it dont matter what it is from axis to zerba

ryan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Feb 2008 04:43 AM  
i killed my first 2 turkeys (which were jakes, meat is meat)last year, but i've turkey hunted for 5 years!Years of turkeyhunting fun!!! i am a turkey hunting maniac!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are no strangers here,just friends we haven't met!
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
23 Feb 2008 12:53 PM  
Posted By ks_hunter on 02/22/2008 7:41 PM
id say im a huntaholic it dont matter what it is from axis to zerba
Thats a dad -gum turkeyzilla , wow!  heck of a beard and bird. I love the irredescent feathers on the wings too.

slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
23 Feb 2008 12:54 PM  
Oh, i was responding to the ones post.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
23 Feb 2008 12:55 PM  
i liked this forum better when we could go back and edit our own replys.
the one
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Feb 2008 09:26 PM  
It took me three years to shoot a gobbler. Every time I would set up on one it would bust me. So I went out and got me a bind and a set of walker game ears. The guys in my camp thought I was crazy they are all old school. They laughed at me and called me Mr. Gadget that’s OK.  We hunt on fourteen hundred and no one in the club turkey hunt but me. I have the whole place to myself and it’s loaded with birds.
On the day I shoot these birds I hade drove to work. I was working for one of the members in our hunting club. When I arrived at his house that morning he said “that the parts were not in so we were going to take the day off”. That was fine with me I hade my hunting gear in the back of my truck so off I went. Our lease is about 100 mile from Atlanta. I arrived there around 10:45am. I was lazy that day so I drove my truck right into the field set up my decoys and tent then drove my truck back to the edge of the field  parked it then walked back and got in my tent.
 This was the first time I hade a chance to try out my game ears. I made a call with my box call I heard what I believed to be a purr. So I call once more I heard it again, that a purr alright. With those game ears I was able to pin point the direction from witch those birds were coming from. I turned around in my blind and f aced the direction from witch I heard the purrs. I waited 15min. then called the bird purred this time it sounded closure. I waited for another 15min. made another call the bird purred once more it sounded even closure. I turned my head and looked back into the woods and when I turned back around and looked into the field I seem movement.
The field that I am hunting in an over grown food plot all I could see was the top of the toms head but I could tell he was in full strut. He was close less then 10 yards I have never hade one so close to me. Instead of trying to put my shoot gun of the blind I called man I was nerves. Why did I do that the gig was up. He came out of full strut and headed for the woods.
 I grab my shoot gun and said to myself all I needed to see was just the top of is head and I was going to let it rip. There he is! I let it rip BANG!! What? That’s not were I shoot. The tom was not by himself it was 2 of them when I shoot the trailing bird flipped first then the lead bird flipped two birds with on shoot. The Benelli Super Black Eagle 3 1/2 inch dropped both birds with one shoot. When I said they flipped they did. Landed one on top of the other I have hunted turkeys all day and have always come up empty handed. From the time I set up and the time it took to kill these toms was only 45min.
I lifted the same way I came went back to the edge of the field got my truck gather up my decoys loaded up my tent picked up my birds. Drove back to William house he was in shock. I did not have my digital camera with me William took the pictures. The copy that I am posting is not the greatest but you can see the birds.    

slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
24 Feb 2008 12:52 PM  
wow, 2 longbeards with one shot, thats making your shots count, you very fortunate to have that kind of acreage all to yourself.
the one
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Feb 2008 01:59 PM  
Yes at time it can be nice at times. But most of the time I wish there was someone else with me to share in the fun. There is nothing like having at hunting buddy with you to share in the fun. Do you know what I mean?. That day was wonderfull, but when I looked around there was no won to share it with. That's what hunting is all about.
MelSue
Forum Administrator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
24 Feb 2008 06:06 PM  
Posted By slawman on 02/23/2008 6:55 AM
i liked this forum better when we could go back and edit our own replys.

I just had to reply to this slawman.  Yes it was nice to have the edit option.  However it made it easy for some to post some Gooblie Guck from time to time and then just wipe it out.  Pardon the Gooblie wording in the turkeyholics thread, but I just could not resist.  Heck I did it a time or two myself.  I edited or wiped out all of my old jokes on the old site. 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
24 Feb 2008 11:49 PM  
I know exactly what ya mean, it's nice to share the moment, guess that's why i like to compose the story on the puter and submit it to buckmasters and have them publish it, gives me the chance to relive it.
the one
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Feb 2008 01:07 PM  
How do you submit you story to buckmasters
the one
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Feb 2008 04:04 PM  
Wife and I went to the 32nd annually WLTF convention this weekend. Here are some pictures of some Turkeys. I had forgotten about the convention. My daughter and her husband reminded me after they picked up the grandson. I think that was planned lolololol. I was able to go get a picture with Mr. Turkey himself Ronnie “ Cuz “ Strickland and I brought his book called the “TURTH” about hunting turkeys started reading it last night so far so good.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
25 Feb 2008 09:44 PM  
Well, theone, compose your story, I think they like it to be 500 words give or take a few, use names of friends if their involved somehow they will like seeing their names, pay attention to detail to make the reader feel as if they were there. with a picture of you and your quarry send it to kpiper@buckmasters.com. someone will edit it to make sure all the ts are crossed and eyes are dotted. with your name and address . I'm sure Ken will make sure it gets to the editor, I don't think he does that part anymore. and be patient it takes a while for them to publish it.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!