Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Spring Fever
Last Post 27 Feb 2008 12:49 AM by tubby. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
11 Jan 2008 11:39 AM  
I took this pic from insine the house of the landowner where i hunt deer and turkey. I hope these guys are still around come april. there are 11 lonbeards together in this photo. Note the red top of the hot tub at th
backyard longbeards

slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
11 Jan 2008 11:43 AM  
sorry bout the other junk on this post, it was an accident and wish I could edit my own post, but they took that option away from us.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
12 Jan 2008 11:52 AM  
If one of the mods would be so kind as to edit the junk ot of this post I would appreciate it.
Mark
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Jan 2008 04:56 AM  
Here Turkey ,Turkey,Turkey........LOL Cool pic.
bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 Jan 2008 03:32 AM  
cool pics love them bearded ones.
randyb
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Jan 2008 11:02 PM  
looks like you have a sweet spot for spring, good luck
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
29 Jan 2008 12:53 AM  
Look like you are set for spring.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
29 Jan 2008 10:54 AM  
Hopefully there will be a couple still around the first weekend in April for my sons youth hunt. I get to hunt starting the 14th of April. I can't wait.
the one
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Feb 2008 02:43 PM  
Nice pic to bad you have to wait until april we start hunting them march 22
MelSue
Forum Administrator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
24 Feb 2008 07:20 PM  
Hey slawman, I just saved that pic to my own photobucket and wiped out your original post and then redid it. There were some tables on the original post that I could not remove. Hope it was ok to do it this way. Anytime you want something edited just send me a PM. This is the stuff I like doing on this site. Some have tons of outdoors knowledge, some have great stories, and then there is me... I just like to tinker and correct spelling, do post changes and that kind of stuff. I'll be glad to do any changes you want.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
24 Feb 2008 11:46 PM  
thanks mel, I sometimes click submit before I should, cause I'm usually on-line 5:00 am and things are a bit foggy before I get that first cup of java in me.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
26 Feb 2008 11:18 AM  
Hey slawman,any advice for a new turkey hunter ?
Tubby
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
27 Feb 2008 12:03 AM  
call 'em in close and hit 'em hard.
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
27 Feb 2008 12:21 AM  
Actually, I'd have to say do your pre season scouting, find out where they like to rooste, and travel pattern. try to get within 100 yrds or so from their roost well before light. call sparingly after they first gobble before flydown. they usually gobble at least 10 minutes before flydown. Be totally camoed out , get in a comfortable position with gun rested on your knee , l remember if you can see him, he can see you.....don't move or the gig is up...know your range efficiancy. pattern your gun before the season, wow , there is so much to learn about this stuff ....I'm still learning myself. practice your calling, diaphram is the most difficult but it's hands free operation. have fun learning about this worthy quarry. It's very rewarding when you you know you worked hard to come out of the woods with one strung over your shoulder. Sometimes it's easy when you get a hot bird that answers every one of your calls and comes running in like a bunch of people trying to be the first one to a blue-light special sale. Others will leave you scratching your head in frustration. try not to shoot a bird in full strutt, you can usually make him break strutt with a cluck from the diaphram call and when he sticks his head up......bust him !... watch videos of turkey hunting , see how the pros do it and you'll learn alot on your own as seasons pass.....sorry for such a long response but there's so much to learn about 'em.....Good luck, may your target be large , and your aim be true.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Feb 2008 12:49 AM  
Thank you for your response.I look forward to trying to get a bird.If I can get one,I'll let you know .Again thanks for the advice.
Tubby
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!