Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
big coyote?
Last Post 18 Feb 2008 10:39 PM by Davy.Crockett. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Logan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Jan 2008 11:09 PM  
last night i shot a coyote with my brothers 220swift under spotlight(legal were i live) and it weighed 38 pounds. is this a big coyote or just average? no one in my family new how to judge a coyote
T
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Jan 2008 03:24 AM  
depends where you are,

thats about average for where i live maybe evan on the larger side of average, basicly small compaired to other places i hunt. further north there about twice the size.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Jan 2008 01:07 PM  
Yotes tend to be smaller in body size out west,than here in the East or up north.Yotes can get up to 40/50 lbs east of the Mississippi river
BuckWacka
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Jan 2008 05:29 PM  
That would be average for Maine. I have seen some up this way taken that would go 60-70lbs. Most are around 35-45lbs in Maine especially in the winter when they have their winter coat.

randyb
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Jan 2008 06:02 PM  
I would say that is average for up here in the adirondacks. probly on the smaller size. I have seen them right around 45 lbs that were trapped. I have also seen them while deer hunting that were the size of a large german shepard pushing 55 lbs.
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Jan 2008 07:18 AM  
I would say it would be average around here too.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Jan 2008 06:30 PM  
Posted By cfiloteo3 on 01/09/2008 1:18 AM
I would say it would be average around here too.
here to in tennessee

Meeker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Jan 2008 02:20 AM  
for tennessee thats about average me and my uncle hunt coyote all the time and thats about the size our coyotes are
Meeker
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
12 Jan 2008 05:42 AM  
HAVEN`T KILLED ONE YET BUT HAD A NICE BIG ONE COME UP ON ME WHILE BLK PODWER HUNTING DEER ON A FREIND`S FARM THIS PASS SEASON BUT DIDN`T GET A SHOT AT HIM EVEN THOU HE WAS ONLY ABOUT 10 YARDS AWAY.HE SPOTTED ME AND BACKED BACK DOWN THE PATH HE CAME UP. DID HAVE A GUY DOWN THE ROAD FROM MY HOUSE KILL A BIG BLK COYATE THIS PASS SEASON.TRYING TO SEE IF I CAN GET THE HIDE BUT HE HASN`T ANSWERED ME YET.HE WON`T MOUNT IT CAUSE HE DOESN`T WANT TO PAY 700.0 TO GET IT DONE. THIS BLK ONE WAS ABOUT 40 POUNDS.NICE BIG MALE
majthor
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Jan 2008 02:36 PM  
I have taken six yotes this year in SE AL. Smallest was about 30 pounds and the biggest was around 45 pounds, so I would have to say 38 would be average. Two males were black and made very nice hides.
jeremyjms06
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Feb 2008 05:57 PM  
Posted By WANTABIGBUCK on 01/11/2008 11:42 PM
HAVEN`T KILLED ONE YET BUT HAD A NICE BIG ONE COME UP ON ME WHILE BLK PODWER HUNTING DEER ON A FREIND`S FARM THIS PASS SEASON BUT DIDN`T GET A SHOT AT HIM EVEN THOU HE WAS ONLY ABOUT 10 YARDS AWAY.HE SPOTTED ME AND BACKED BACK DOWN THE PATH HE CAME UP. DID HAVE A GUY DOWN THE ROAD FROM MY HOUSE KILL A BIG BLK COYATE THIS PASS SEASON.TRYING TO SEE IF I CAN GET THE HIDE BUT HE HASN`T ANSWERED ME YET.HE WON`T MOUNT IT CAUSE HE DOESN`T WANT TO PAY 700.0 TO GET IT DONE. THIS BLK ONE WAS ABOUT 40 POUNDS.NICE BIG MALE

man you guys need to get a new taxidermist. mine will do a full body coyote mount for $350 no matter how much sewing is needed.

Davy.Crockett
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Feb 2008 10:39 PM  
avg. around here
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!