Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
anyone use electric calls?
Last Post 01 Mar 2008 12:09 AM by Olsplittoe. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RJF
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Dec 2007 03:16 AM  
I got some extra christmas money so im looking to buy a call from ether bass pro and cabellas or ebay anyone have onethats a good one so I can maybe get the same or here some pros and cons?
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Dec 2007 03:18 AM  
Only thing we can use electronic calls for is varmitssorry not to be much help.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Mark
8 Point
8 Point

--
28 Dec 2007 03:22 AM  
We can use them for Varmits and Crows. my Dad has a Johnny Stewart I believe that's the name on it. we use it for Crows. It works pretty good it's rechargeable.
RJF
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Dec 2007 04:10 AM  
opps guess i should of put using for coyottes
RJF
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Dec 2007 04:11 AM  
wtch would have the best rabbit distrease and howls?
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 Dec 2007 01:33 PM  
most all calls you get work for predators,either manully(bulb squekers) or electronic.I have a med range Jonny Stewart for calling in coyotes/bobcats.Some of these callers get into big money $ 200 to $300 range(I paid $50 for mine,as a used caller,that I got on another board/forum that I go on)Some use tapes(like mine)others use a DVD/chip.But I will give you some good advice,get one with a remote(wireless).That way you can set up your caller in one location and you can get 75 yards away from it.The tactic that I use most is useing my tree climber on clear cuts,pipelines or power lines,set my caller out,climb a tree(they ain't looking for you there)I also recommend getting on the backside of the tree your using,otherwise you stick out like a sore thumb.An if you get around to usind a decoy)rigor rabbit,motion dove,be sure to stake down good into the ground.I once lost a brand new rigor rabbit to a very large red tailed hawk,I've always wondered how mad he was after he got back to his nest an discovered he couldn't eat that rabbit he stole from me.
slayer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Jan 2008 03:13 PM  
My freind got one for christmas it's called a gamemaster. You can buy all different kinds of chips (it comes with four predator chips) in it and play 2 sounds at once. He's only taken it out once but it sounds pretty good out in the woods. Got it for around 100$ from Cabela's.
GONE HUNTIN'!
RJF
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Jan 2008 05:50 AM  
I ordered a johnny stewart call from bass pro had alot of information written by others that had said it was a good call its the predator 2 thanks for all help
Meeker
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Jan 2008 02:24 AM  
my uncle has a jhonny stewert he uses to hunt coyotes and he gets a coyote everytime but he brings em in close by putting one of those raccoon tail hats on a stik and it brings in the coyotes every time
Meeker
Mr. Al
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Feb 2008 02:03 PM  
I found the Johnny Stewart Preymaster Wireless brand new for $155.00 at the website of Midsouth Shooters.com best price I could find.
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Feb 2008 09:13 PM  
I have an inexpensive electronic hog call that I bought a few months ago. I have used it several times with no success. I will still use it, yet I wish I would have bought a different one. Of course, you get what you pay for, so if you spend a lot, you will have success.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
Olsplittoe
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Mar 2008 12:09 AM  
I have one of the older model Johnny Stewart call, it is a little bulky. Ive used it for calling crows, and have to say it works great. Set it up on the edge of a bean field behind the house here, put in a fighting crow tape on loud for about three mins and had about 30 to 40 birds in less than five mins.  After just a few shots they weere gone. Moved about 1/2 mile set up again with the same result. Awsome tool for off season hunting or target pratice.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!