Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Price of Fur
Last Post 10 Jan 2008 12:04 AM by randyandheather_b. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
snappy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Dec 2007 06:26 PM  

Just checking on what you fur trappers are getting for the fur your selling.  I live in OKlahoma and I 'm getting anywhere from $80 to $130 for bobcats and $10 for coyotes, coons, badgers, skunks, beavers ect (not skinned).  I would just like to know if each state is different or if the price is better the farther north you go.  thanks

secondchance
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 Dec 2007 09:19 PM  
I can fing out for you here in Kansas, my son works for Our local furier here in our little town. My son skins evrything from possums to coon, coyotes, beaver and so on. I will ask him to get a price list. I do know it also depends on what the animal looks like when it comes in, for example you wont get much for what they call A brocken coyote, and things like that.
John 316
secondchance
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Dec 2007 12:57 AM  
This is Walter's son Travis. This is what our local fur dealer buy's for. Bobcat-$70, Coyote-$10, Coon-$10,
Possum-$0.25 for all possum, Muskrat,$2, Skunk-$1, Red Fox-$10-$12, Beaver-$12, Badger-$10-$15. That is top price for everything. I'm just curious, where does your fur dealer live and what is his name? Because i would be interested in selling to him because it sounds like your getting better prices for your fur than i am. And to answer your question ("I would just like to know if each state is different or if the price is better the farther north you go?") I really think that it depends on the type of fur, hide, and the dealer. Unless you get Into places like Wyoming, Montana, North and South Dakota, Colorado, and places like that. Mostly the cold places. But thats a long way to drive in my opinion.
John 316
snappy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Dec 2007 06:01 PM  
Not sure of the name, but I think he comes out of kansas,  and I think he is fair on his prices too.  When I sell my furs I will get his name and send you a e-mail.  I am suprised your only getting $70 dollars for a cat.  With the price of gas that really wouldn't be worth running a trap line.  Where I'm from my trap line will run 40 to 60 miles every other day with 5 traps.  I would have to catch a cat once a week just to pay for gas.  I could't afford to run traps if cats average $70. 
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 Dec 2007 01:13 PM  
I'd like your guys name to snappy.From what I've seen the best fur prices come from places that have lots of snow or it gets really cold at,the pelts are way better(thicker capes/furs) than pelts out of the southern states.However down here you can sell a live fox for $50, an a live coyote goes for around $100 if you sell them to a fox pen.
randyb
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Jan 2008 12:04 AM  
I live up here in the adirondacks. I just recently sold some of my furs. I got between 22-40 for beaver. 30 for coyote 35 for gray fox 3 for muskrats 18 for mink. these prices are of fleshed and stretched furs. I shipped mine to a fur company this year and they paid really fair prices apposed to selling to the taxidermy like I usually do.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!