Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Elk Hunters?
Last Post 20 Oct 2007 11:25 PM by 44sr. 20 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 Jul 2007 04:03 AM  
Anybody on here elk hunt?? if so lets see some pics... i think it would be awsome to bow hunt for elk and I wanna try it one day
If Its Brown It's Down!
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
24 Jul 2007 12:57 PM  
Now that would be my idea of the ultimate bow hunt,middle of the rutbulls bugleing.I would like to try it one day to.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Jul 2007 02:58 AM  
ya it would be ultimate for sure...it wouldnt have to be a bull that i am hunting to make me happy it could just be a cow lol i do love that sound of a bull bugleing...i wanna get a bull bugleing call so that i can just hear that sound whenever lol not much use for it here in indiana tho.......so anybody got any pics??
If Its Brown It's Down!
diggerdave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Jul 2007 06:29 PM  
guys,
you can not imagine the the beauty and views while you are elk hunting in the mountains!! i have some pics somewhere i will dig out to show you!! they are in my bunkhouse! 
on a crisp morning around a campfire listening to them bugle it just rocks!! never seems like i have been so close to heaven, than in the mountains hunting elk!!!
cant wait i will be in the flat tops wilderness area for two weeks this year! first week just to scout and then the second to hopefully bag a elk!!! 

diggerdave
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Jul 2007 02:48 AM  
ant wait to see them pics diggerdave hopefuly you can find them....and i bet it is amazing hearing them bugle! good luck and hopefully you can bag a nice one this year
If Its Brown It's Down!
Rocky Bluff Ranch
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Aug 2007 01:25 AM  
I HAVE NEVER TRIED HUNTING FOR ELK.
BUT I PICKED UP A TRACK OF LAND IN KY I WILL HUNT THIS YEAR AND KY HAS ELK.
WE WILL SEE!!
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Aug 2007 03:40 AM  
good luck rocky! and take some pics of where you are hunting and what you get ...hope you get a nice one!
If Its Brown It's Down!
z3z528

--
07 Aug 2007 02:42 AM  
ya rack.. i wish i could do some elk hunting also.. never did it.. i got fam that have went out west and bagged a record one from montana... it takes up there whole wall cant remember the size of it tho.. but its bigggggg
Ohio is where the Big Bucks Roam!!!
J.Dworek
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Aug 2007 04:13 AM  
I live in one of the best elk hunting state's (wyoming) love bow hunting them nothing more exciteing than calling one in that want's to fight with you as if your another bull stepping into his harem.My son an I got several 6x6's on the wall an a couple of smaller bull's.The wife told us we need to start takeing some cow's because the wall's are getting full.If anybody is interested in a hunt out here in Wyoming please fill free to contact me,I'll help you out as much as I can.My e-mail is bigbuckforus2003@yahoo.com
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Aug 2007 05:15 AM  
I've been to Colorado to hunt Elk,Unsucsessful, We hunted near Kremmling Co. In the Arapaho Natl,Forrest,Other hunters took a very nice 6x6 in an area called Dice Hill. We camped there for 10 days.It was the best camping trip of my life!Hope to do it again some day.
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Aug 2007 10:29 PM  
hey J.Dworek do you hunt public land or private? sounds like you got some real good ones there...if you got any pics you should post em' for us, would like to see some of them monsters you've killed
If Its Brown It's Down!
z3z528

--
07 Aug 2007 10:38 PM  
ya for sure.. i would love to see some of those piks... only have seen one irl.. well other than cabelas.. and the rest on TV
Ohio is where the Big Bucks Roam!!!
J.Dworek
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Aug 2007 12:04 AM  
I hunt public an National Forest don't have a problem finding the elk,as far as pic's are still trying to figure out how to post them maybe I can e-mail them an someone can help me along with them.As far as hunting in colo. you have to draw a special tag or pay top dollar for a premium bull but where i hunt there is some premo bull's in the area's I hunt.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
08 Aug 2007 01:29 AM  
Hey J maybe we can get together next season for an elk bow hunt.
Tubby
J.Dworek
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Aug 2007 04:30 AM  
I'd enjoy haveing you along.
grey ghost
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Aug 2007 08:38 PM  
Totally addicted to both Elk and Deer and also Duck,,, I live in Boise Idaho and hunt in area 32A council area. Monster bucks and bulls all year around... I do indeed like to fish as well but hunting is my bag. Been married for 17 years and have never been denied to go hunting even on my anniversary Oct 24th. Right smack dab in the middle of the hunts.
Thanks for having me aboard
GreyGhost
Nothing Smaller than a 6X6 is the Golden Rule!
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
16 Aug 2007 01:12 AM  
NEVER BEEN BUT WOULD LIKE TO.WE HAVE THEM IN THE WESTERN PART OF VA. BUT I HAVEN`T GOTTEN TO GO AFTER 1 YET.
J.Dworek
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Sep 2007 12:55 AM  
Just got back from are first week of elk hunting,sept 1 - sept 8.passed up two satelilite bulls one was a 5x5,an the other was a 6x6 both not as big as what we got on the wall.The big boy's are gather their cow's right now an not willing to battle.I'll be going back up again on sept 14th till the 30th,thats when the big boy's will want to really come to play .The best time to hunt them is 3 day's before the fall equinox an after,which falls on the 23'rd of this month.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
10 Sep 2007 01:26 AM  
Goog Luck,I hope you get a record book bull!
Tubby
buck
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Oct 2007 02:16 AM  
just got back from ELK hunting, not bow but rifle . We had three tags ,got 2 of them 5x5 and a 5x4 satelilite bulls.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!