Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Question about Open Season on Wild Hogs
Last Post 08 Dec 2007 01:37 AM by danrwoods. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
danrwoods
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Dec 2007 06:13 AM  

In the state of Missouri, we have a shoot on sight with Wild Hogs, i.e. just what I did this Veterans Day. My question is that if it is open season for them does that mean outside of deer and turkey seasons that you can hunt hogs anytime of the day with any method. For example, I could shoot a hog between dusk and dawn with a 30-06 during deer/turkey off season and not get in trouble? Just curious.

For anyone who is curious, the wild hog yielded some tasty meat.

1st Wild Hog: 300lbs. on the hoof - 275lbs. field dressed - 30-06 from 9.75 yards away and closing
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
05 Dec 2007 08:53 PM  
in florida you can shoot hogs year round no size or bag limits, private land you can shoot them with a run during archery but on public land you have to use whats in season bow, muzzleloader, rifle check with your gamewardens for more info
SOUTHERN PRIDE
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Dec 2007 12:52 PM  
Check your local Game Laws.
xkmorris
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Dec 2007 12:30 PM  
I don't think it would be wise to hunt hogs at night with a 3006 while deer season is open. Would be kind of hard to explain to the game warden that you were really hunting hogs!!!!! We can hunt hogs year around here in Arkansas too.
danrwoods
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Dec 2007 03:35 PM  
Posted By xkmorris on 12/07/2007 6:30 AM
I don't think it would be wise to hunt hogs at night with a 3006 while deer season is open. Would be kind of hard to explain to the game warden that you were really hunting hogs!!!!! We can hunt hogs year around here in Arkansas too.

That's what I want to know. Thanks for the input.

1st Wild Hog: 300lbs. on the hoof - 275lbs. field dressed - 30-06 from 9.75 yards away and closing
danrwoods
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Dec 2007 01:37 AM  
Thanks for all the input. I talked with the Game Warden in my hunting area and he answered all my questions. Thanks again guys.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!