Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Looking for central IL hunting land
Last Post 03 Nov 2008 04:28 AM by spanky32354. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BigPaPaBear
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Aug 2008 10:26 PM  
Hey all, I'm looking for hunting land in the Litchfield, IL area. I am a bow/crossbow hunter. 

Also looking for a crossbow or a draw-loc for my bow in good shape but on the cheap. 
Since my stroke last year  my right side won't let me draw my bow too well, and I can't afford a new one.
spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2008 06:41 AM  
Hey Big Pa-Pa Bear, about 45 minutes north of you is Sangcris Lake state park. They offer plenty of acres for bow hunting. Deer count is down a little this year but still not bad. It's located off of I-55, exit 82 and then about 12 miles East to Kincaid. I shoot a Parker Buck Buster 150 crossbow. What's your poison?
Mark L Smith
spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2008 06:42 AM  
If you decide to come up this way sometime let me know and I will meet you and show you around.
Mark L Smith
BigPaPaBear
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2008 08:59 PM  
Mark, thanks for the invite, I might just take you up on it. My nephew bought me a nice used Horton Yukon to use. I just got to get it sighted in and come up with the license and permit now. Hopefully, In the next couple of days.
BigPaPaBear
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2008 09:00 PM  
Oh, Call me Bill.
spanky
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Nov 2008 04:28 AM  
Bill
Your welcome any time. Myself and 4 friends went hunting out there this afternoon. Starting to see lots of scrapes and rubs. We only saw 3 deer (does) but didn't get a shot at any of them. One of my buddies had a 11 pointer come in under his stand yesterday but he hadn't gotten his doe yet. One of the park rules is that you have to kill a doe, at Sangcris, first before you can shoot a buck and the buck has to have at least 4 points on one side before you can harvest it. They are really trying to get some quality bucks there. Should be awesome in a couple of years.
Mark L Smith
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!