Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Looking for a Outfitter for Montana backcountry Elk hunt!!!
Last Post 15 Jan 2012 01:28 PM by NHheadhunter. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
18 Feb 2008 12:51 AM  
Me and my husband our starting to plan a trip out west this coming fall. We are looking for a guide to hunt the backcountry in Montana. We want to hunt Elk. If anyone can help me out please contact me here. Thank you...
J.Dworek
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Feb 2008 02:26 AM  
Have you ever considered a Wyoming hunt for Elk ? My son an I bow hunt in September an pretty successfull during the rut ,the area we hunt for a Non-resident does not need a guide except in Wilderness area's.
J.Dworek
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Feb 2008 02:30 AM  
Forgot to mention you can pick up Eastman's Hunting journal an they have a section on DIY hunts in differant state's out here alot cheaper than hireing a guide.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
24 Mar 2008 02:49 AM  

Thanks, J Dworek..... We have considered a do it ourself hunt. But was alittle worried about getting out someplace we dont know. But are looking into our options. Would consider Wy, been there a few times and drove thru alot going to Montana.

horseshoer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Mar 2008 01:46 PM  
I have hunted Montana a few time's, and can tell you the best information for what ever you need would be Montana Dept. of Game and Fish. They have helped me a great deal in the past. Good luck.
NHheadHunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Jan 2012 01:28 PM  
I have been looking for land in Montana where the population of Elk is high. I live in NH, but are seriously considering purchasing a home, cabin or land to build on against state land. I fly free with Southwest, so northwest Montana or Idaho would be great, Spokane, Wa is a Southwest city. I too like to self hunt and would love to find some other hunters that have the time. If you are interested, I am looking at 165 acres that I may make an offer on soon. Not sure if this is a good fit? But if so, anyone interested let me know.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!