Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
My new hunting buddy has arrived !!
Last Post 19 Sep 2009 10:07 PM by mcraddock. 15 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
16 May 2009 09:54 PM  

Briar Daniel Craddock was born May 8th at 17:33 here in Greenville,SC. Being my first child, I am of course beaming with pride!  He weighed 7 lbs and 0.1 ounces and has spent the last 8 days in the NICU for having slightly immature lungs. He's all better now and should be released tomorrow. 

Sorry it took so long to post the news, but he came in the wake of a lot of bad breaks. I had shoulder surgery last Thursday and was at home recovering from the anesthia when my my fiancee had a car wreck  just hours after my surgery while dropping the kids off at their school. The air bags deployed and roughed her up pretty bad. The baby survived ok, but it was enough to endanger the placenta. So they did an emergency c-section on her and everything came out alright. Briar was just a little bit early at 37 weeks so he needed some surfactant in his lungs. Now he's off the CPAP and feeding on his own. 

Mom is still in the hospital with some complications, but is starting to make a recovery (pneumonia, heart failure, and a Myasthenia Gravis crisis). So you can see what I mean by a rough week for us! My shoulder is making a slow recovery and with any luck, I should be able to pull back on my bow by August. If not, then I'll be using the crossbow for the first part of our deer season in September. Turns out that a torn rotator cuff is a pretty big deal!

So here are the obligatory first pics of him. Don't let all the hoses and wires scare you. Even though they terrified me at first. He's off all that now and looks like a normal chubby boy!

the PICC line installed (catheter that goes from his scalp directly to his heart for meds)
Kinda scary lookin, huh?

and one from yesterday without the scary stuff

Mommy and little Briar (me watching over!)

And finally, the new daddy!!

OK. Sorry for the long post, but most of everyone here knows that wonderful feeling I have right now and I just had to share it with my friends here. God Bless

tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
17 May 2009 02:32 AM  
Congrats bro........nothing else in the world can compare to what you are feeling now.Ya'll will be in our prayers.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
bill
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 May 2009 01:52 PM  
CONGRATULATIONS!! even though my kids were born 30 years ago i still remember the feeling your talking about. hope all is well and everyone  gets home soon. good luck with the shoulder too.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
19 May 2009 06:20 PM  
Awww your the new daddy matt... Congrats man!! He is a cutie! Good luck to you and the family...
Rocky Bluff Ranch
6 Point
6 Point

--
23 May 2009 02:10 PM  
Hey Matt
congrats on new baby and dad !!!!

Thanks for sharing with all of us here.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
23 May 2009 03:55 PM  
Thank you everyone, for all the wonderful comments.

Briar fnally came home Thursday night after mom and dad went and took an infant CPR class and got a tutorial on the home apneia monitor they sent us home with. It's just a precaution given his rocky start. He plans on making his big debut to the rest of the family and friends at this weekends Memorial Day cookouts. Very few were able to see him while in the NICU because of their strict guidelines.

It will also be his first ride in the Jeep!

Chasta is recovering well from the car accident and complications. Everyone is home. And I will slowly regain use of my shoulder over the next 4 months.
The Bulldog
Forum Moderator
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 May 2009 04:50 PM  
Hey man, congrats on the new addition to your family.
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 May 2009 04:53 PM  
Congrats.....it's fixing to be real busy at your house
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
31 May 2009 11:34 PM  
Congrats and i hope everything goes well in the future.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
04 Jun 2009 03:15 AM  
Posted By btr568 on 05/30/2009 10:53 AM
Congrats.....it's fixing to be real busy at your house

You ain't lieing there brother! Trying to catch zzz's between 2 am and 4 am feedings. It quite lterally is every two or three hours that one of has to be up feeding or changing diapers. Why did I want to do this? 

He's doing real well now though. Been home almost two weeks and only a few alarms on his apnea monitor for either low respiratory rate or a low heart rate. Scares the daylights out of me every time the monitor alarm goes off. 

Some recent shots of him...

doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
06 Jul 2009 10:02 PM  
thats great that everything is going fine right now, it wont be long before those feedings are further apart it does get easier. just wait to he wants the car key's.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
BOWHUNTER missouri
8 Point
8 Point

--
06 Aug 2009 03:09 PM  
congrats on your new baby, glad he  is doing good now,
GIT-R-DONE
Ken
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Aug 2009 08:18 AM  
Congrats !!!! Glad all are recovering well. You''ll find what a blessing they are as each day goes by. Be sure to enjoy everyday because it's true they grow up faster than you think, I'll add your family to my prayers. Best wishs for you and yours. :)
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Sep 2009 07:39 PM  
Woot. Congrats bro!
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
16 Sep 2009 08:36 PM  
Congrat to you and the wife. Now you have a new hunting partner. Better start stocking up on a bow, arrows, rifle and ammo for that young man. Time will go by fast. I know take it from a father of two boys who are now 28 and 24. Where did the time go, it just seems like it was yesterday I was taking them for their first hunt.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Sep 2009 10:07 PM  
Thank you for all the wonderful comments everyone. Briar is doing very well and is now a whopping 4 months old and 15 lbs as of his last check up. Having him made this summer fly by, and before I realized it, hunting season was here. But I'm still finding time to get in the woods. Passed up on over 11 deer this opening week. 

Updated photos of my best little buddy...

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!