Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Sound off/Hellooooo anybody here
Last Post 21 Jun 2009 09:44 PM by LadyMarlin. 20 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Mar 2009 04:30 PM  

Well it's been awhile since I been on here other than lurking thru once in a blue moon.Okay folks sound off if your here or ain;t here.
Just some highlights of this year.........
Deer season pretty much was a bummer,between the youngin being sick,me being sick,going into overtime half way thru the season...didn't get to go much,that and I just didn't care much for the other members in the club I joined(I won't be joining again this coming year).......
Traded my Encore for a Winchester 70 243 WSSM,guess what I wish I hadn't(live an learn),so I'm fixing to sell it or trade it off pretty soon,it's a pain to reload the brass.
After 8 months of waiting I finally got to burn off the windrow(trees)I had pushed in the back yard(I had a 1 1/2 acre placed cleared.I was just going to fire the grass first back to the windrow as a safty measure,lol,but it started burning the trees to,.....talk about bright you could have read a novel by the firelight...I did get to meet about 10 or 15 folks pulling up into the yard to make sure a barn or something wasn't burning down(it was 5:30 am)these folks was on their way to work at the time
I also got to finally meet ALL my neibors for about 1 sguare mile from the house,they mostly was P'Oed and wanted me to put the fire out....
But it sure is nice to be about to see all the way to the back off the place
Now that I have that chore done,I'm putting in about a 1/2 acre garden,between what we need,my Mom & sisters ,then my Maw-in-law,I'm hoping it will be enough....I now have plenty of ash and charcoal it put in the soil,so it should grow like a jungle(tkanks to the fire)
The next agenda is cutting down about 50 pine trees(I'm having it milled for 1x6 or 1x8 planks)I have to build a barn for the wifes goats,and the youngins pony,plus the wifes chicken house(she wants about 50 chickensTrust me folks I'm talking fast and hard to whittle that number down to al least 20
I have finally found a local guy to mentor me in BeekeepingI'm gonna shot for 25 hives in production by next summer...Also related to the Beething,I found a guy that is gonna let me farm 20 acres(free)so I can plant some stuff for my bees that I would like to try out.The crop makes a specialty honey .Well actually it will cost  about 6 pounds of honey for payment.
Also we are putting in about 4 peach trees,about 10 semi dawf apple trees,some grape vines,a coupla nut trees,acoupla pear trees and 4 figs trees.I'd like to plant some persimmons but I really don't know if the deer will let me get any off them,(I have to fence off my garden,or they eat it to the ground)
Next year looks to be pretty busy as well,I'm fencing off 20 acres at my Maw-in-laws to run Dexter cattle on,I'll have to keep the bull here at my place,an trailer him back and forth for breeding.What can I say it's a tax write off....
So what kind of projects you guys have planned for the future????

wvboy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Mar 2009 04:31 AM  
work work work lol.................ben doing some fishing , going to ohio to do some calling and guiding for a charity hunt then back in the fall for deer still got plenty of sqwaks here for ya to kill lol sound like you got your work cut out for ya good luck to ya
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Mar 2009 09:42 PM  
so it looks like it's just us 2 rednecks around here,huh
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
29 Mar 2009 11:10 PM  
I still check in from time to time....usually pretty dead here.How have ya been
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 Mar 2009 03:52 AM  
Hey Tubby,your season go okay????Before deer season I seen all kinds of deer,after opening day,the aliens kidnaped ALL the deer in Thompasville,we still haven't found them.....I'm all for paying the ramson.!!!!!!!! oh well,they'll play hob trying to round up all the turkeys,a wood duck and green wing teal are slowwwww compared to them turkeys.
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
30 Mar 2009 05:08 PM  
uh huh
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
30 Mar 2009 09:22 PM  
hahhahah...no luck on the turkey .......yet.Did get to see some blue wing teal last week,those things are awesome.I only got 2 deer this season(I hunt close to Moundville) an 8 point and a small one.Not the best year but fun none the less.
Tubby
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
31 Mar 2009 05:48 PM  
Moving around here and there....haven't been too active. Waiting on end of June/July to see if state budget cuts will affect my job position. Only four in our office and mandated by the state, so hopefully we're safe.
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Apr 2009 02:34 AM  
still floating in and out .
leave a message after the beep... me and the boy is hunting
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
19 Apr 2009 11:34 PM  
We put in a food plot down at our farm,been doing some antler hunting..Been real busy with our Metal art business....Getting ready to take off for a 2 week turkey hunt...
Bobo
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Apr 2009 03:28 PM  
Helo Ian, and hey BTR how are things, snow is all but gone here, some still in the woods, heavy rains due, bear season is open but no one seriously hunitng until mid May, just finished tying off peeps on firestorm and thunderbolt, ready to hunt bear in June, some redneck buddies from Ripley Wv coming in May and another group from there in June, so should be  a grand time, eh,,take care bobo
DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLD, SOME ARE DENIED THE PRIVILEGE.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
24 Apr 2009 10:30 PM  
I'm still stopping by once in a while. Good to see that some of ya'll are still hanging around too. Been doing a little turkey hunting and letting this one wise bird kick my *ss all season. About to hang up the turkey gun altogether and start back on the piggies again. Got two trophy sized boars hitting my feeder every night at 9pm.

Of course, that's all about to come to a screeching halt when the newest addition to my family arrives in the next two weeks.
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
19 May 2009 06:22 PM  
Wow, this place is DEAD!! Where is everyone?
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 May 2009 09:03 PM  
Yeah....it's real quite around here.I spend most of my time at www.southlandhunting.netforums.us,but it's kinda quite too.Come check it out.
Tubby
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
19 May 2009 11:57 PM  
okay tubby thanks man!!
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
21 May 2009 04:46 PM  

sent ya a pm CG

countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
22 May 2009 03:13 AM  
Posted By btr568 on 05/21/2009 10:46 AM

sent ya a pm CG

okay.... thanks

wvboy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 May 2009 03:20 AM  
been awhile hello to all when ya coming to get ya a bear btr
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 May 2009 11:56 PM  
LOL,bear!!!!....I don't know,whens the season and whats it cost????? And do you want the meat,I could use the rug,but I ain't impressed with the meat.
Jeremiah Johnson
6 Point
6 Point

--
16 Jun 2009 06:31 PM  
I just stopped by for my every-six-month visit.
Still dead?
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!