Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Ebay to stop selling gun parts
Last Post 02 Aug 2007 03:03 AM by cb. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Forestclimber
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Aug 2007 10:04 PM  
Here's some bad news if you are a weekend gunsmith:

On July 30, 2007, Matt Halprin, eBay's Vice-President of Trust & Safety, announced that eBay would be further restricting its listings of gun parts on the auction-style website. Halprin states, "[W]e will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc." The reasoning behind Halprin's decision is that because some of the items were used in the April shootings at Virginia Tech, banning these items from eBay is "the right thing to do."
huntininmissouri
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Aug 2007 10:15 PM  
sounds like a good business opp. start up an ebay like site directed towards outdoorsmen/and women
The Bulldog
Forum Moderator
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Aug 2007 10:22 PM  
That really bites.
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Aug 2007 11:05 PM  
Dont make any purchases off E-bay,No purchases=No sellars=No E-bay!
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Aug 2007 11:53 PM  
Posted By huntininmissouri on 08/01/2007 4:15 PM
sounds like a good business opp. start up an ebay like site directed towards outdoorsmen/and women

There's a sebsite out there that is like ebay but for guns and I think related equipment.  Actually, it's not quite like e-bay as I believe it's purchase only as opposed to bidding, but the look is similar.

I don't think we're allowed to post other website but do a search for gun and broker connected and you should have success.  Gun shops across the country go there to seel their stuff.  I used them to help figure out what's on the market and being sold as used, etc.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
01 Aug 2007 11:58 PM  
This is really depressing news. I've been eyeballing a couple of replacement slug barrels for my Mossberg on ebay. Guess I'll have to go elsewhere now.
huntininmissouri
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Aug 2007 12:38 AM  
i've also bought many things off ebay.i'll stop now.i wonder if we all contact them and voice our displeasure if they'll change thier mind?i guess it couldn't hurt
Rocky Bluff Ranch
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Aug 2007 12:46 AM  
well the gun shops will be happy.
wal-mart has also pulled guns from half of the stores!!
Forestclimber
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Aug 2007 01:28 AM  
Gunbroker.com is a good site, but if you want to buy or sell hard to find parts, ebay is it. Ebay is a great site for Thompson Center parts. I saw a post on another site that said the sales would stop in a few weeks. I'm going to miss it.
cb
8 Point
8 Point

--
02 Aug 2007 03:03 AM  
There is a site called Auctionarms.com
Start looking there for your guns and parts
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!